LE122 review by Laguna

Laguna: LE122

Great sound for the price. This is a rock guitar and it works well with distortion. I'm sure the pickups are cheap, but they are hot. Again, fine for the price. I used it with mostly a high gain setting which is what I believe a guitar like this is made for. Metal and Rock. It would be easy enough to upgrade the pickups for a different style or sound.

I gave it a 10 based on value for the price. Has the feel of a much more expensive guitar. It is real wood, great feel and action. Easy to play! Most guitars of this price would be plywood and have open tuners. This is Basswood with sealed tuners. I really enjoy this guitar and would recommend it to a beginner or as a back-up. Love it!

I am sure the knobs will fry at some point. Easy to replace. So far it's working great. I have no problem making a few upgrades if need be considering the feel of this guitar. This being new to me, it is hard to say how long it will last or if the neck will warp. But I can't judge it based on what I think might happen. It's great so far!

Action fit and finish were incredible for the price. Even for a guitar in the $500 range. I am telling you this thing is a gem. Maybe I got a lucky one. Or it had a pro set up. But I can't stop smiling about how great it is for the little I spent. No fret buzz!

Great features for the price. Solid Basswood. Sealed tuners. Amazingly straight neck and good action. Stays in tune very well if you don't use the whammy. I have a $2000 Charvel custom shop so I know how a nice guitar is supposed to feel. This one is so far beyond it's price it's crazy. I love it as a practice guitar and would even play it out. What an amazing steal!

ddood192
    In my view on guitars, I'd say I absolutely can't find a terrible guitar. There are differences in quality as expected, but I can't find anything too bad. This is an example however of the price that makes a differance. When I play it, it's has an awesome expirience for the price.
    Semperfidelis23
    I have to disagree. Laguna guitars are not terrible guitars. They are certainly not the best starter guitars, but as an in house brand, they are fine. Beginner guitars do exsisted, they are designed to be lacking in things that more exspensive guitars have, but priced so the people who buy them wont notice. I will say, I would rather buy a squier. I haven't had any problems whatsoever.
    Troxem
    I don't know if the negative reviews are because they got lemons or what but this guitar is well made and not just for beginners. In fact, it's better than a lot of guitars costing twice as much. The action is very even with no fret buzz and the strings stay in tune once their stretched out which is with any new strings. If it has problems staying in tune using the whammy bar then try adding a spring. Maybe I love it more because it bought it off of Craigslist for $150 but the guitar itself is well worth the package price of $350. Well done, Laguna!!!
    Freyakat14
    I bought my le122 back in 2008 and it was decent. It was my first electric, and I thought it was great. Then I started playing in School Of Rock in Michigan, and met some kids with really nice guitars. After I had learned more about guitars, I realised that it was the pickups that were holding this one back. After 3 years of owning this guitar, I swapped out the pickups for some Epiphone pups that came out of a friend's guitar. The true nature of the guitar came out with the new pups. This thing is a BEAST with the new pickups. A massive low end with good top end clarity and naturally scooped sounding mids. Perfect sound for metalcore (I dabble in the good core like Bullet, not the Black Veil Brides-type shit. Don't hate.) Overall, the guitar is light, the neck is incredibly smooth, and it sounds great with some new pickups. It looks great with the new pickups in it (gold covered les paul-type pups) too. I don't use the trem, but without it the guitar stays in tune well.
    rv_phoenix
    There's no such thing as a "guitar for beginners", there are only good guitars and bad guitars. Those who are bad are relegated to beginners, which is the most stupid thing someone would do. You cannot learn to play well on a bad instrument (for instance: how can you learn beding techniques if the guitar doesn't hold the tuning? how do you learn tremolo techniques on a bad fretboard? etc. etc.). Laguna is a very cheap brand, making bad guitars for those who think a PRS costs so much only for the logo on the headstock.