LE200 review by Laguna

Laguna: LE200

This guitar sounds great. Harmonics sounds really well, and come out easy. Really good for metal. Has a nice ring, even when its not plugged in. Good sound. Good for rock, and metal. For Jazz though, even on the neck pickup, it doesn't so amazing. This is more of a guitar for a good rock act, or metal players.

This guitar feels good for what I play (metal, rock) I do wish they had a tremelo on this guitar. But other than that, the guitar is amazing. I really would buy this guitar again if it was stolen. Before buying, I compared it to an ESP Kirk Hammett KH-202. This feels just like it, except the neck is thinner on the Laguna.

Everything feels great. Nothing I can complain about it. Finish will probably last for a while, if not ever. Strap buttons do look like they could come off, as they are a good bit out of the guitar. The jutt out too much for me to think that they wouldn't break off. The guitar is light though, not much of a chance of them popping off.

This guitar was set up really well. Nothing's loose, except the pickups which budge around a little. Everything feels new, and looks it too. The finish is done smoothly. The action feels really good. Not too high, but not low enough to have fret buzz. The finish is a matte feeling finish.

First off, this seems to be a new guitar, as I can't find much on it. It has 24 frets on an indian rosewood neck. It has a satin finish in two colors. It has a Strat style body with a string-thru body with a fixed bridge. It has 2 custom Laguna humbuckers with a master tone and volume, and a five way Switch. It also has Laguna black tumors.

Xtramus
    ProgFolk12 wrote: Reasonable review, yet you picked out several flaws and still gave it 10's. Could do with some proof reading too, black tumors?
    Indeed. Good review, nice guitar, but the tumor thing was pretty weird. I think you mean tuners? I'd definitely not buy a guitar if it had tumors :S
    jetwash69
    "It also has Laguna black tumors" I hope the tumors aren't malignant! How would you put a guitar through chemo? Might lose its strings... Most pickups "budge around" because they are mounted on springs. This is the norm. How long is that finish going to last, not ever? Huh? I'd give this review a 10.
    ProgFolk12
    Machado
    Nice Review man I tried this same guitar out the other day and you actually gave a pretty good description,though there were some small flaws
    GS LEAD 5
    It also has Laguna black tumors.
    :lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol:
    AirForge
    This review looks like it was written by some who has been playing guitar for less then a month. There is almost no useful information whatsoever.
    The^Unforgiven
    Two humbuckers, bolt-on neck, no bindings, string thru body bridge... how can it be 10 on the features? It's not expensive, but I don't think the value for money -ratio is still quite high enough for even an 8. Not saying it can't be a good guitar - people just need to be objective and lay off on the 10's and 9's when reviewing.
    cs2sasuke741
    The reason i gave it tens is because I don't expect a perfect guitar. For what it costs in ratio to the other guitars I saw, it does deserve the tens. I mean it feels almost like a Kirk hammett signature! Your getting ESP quality for half the price. I mean it evens feels better than the Hellraiser!
    omghahalol
    i own this guitar and i personally think it's a great guitar. i play a lot of ska /punk/ classic rock and it's been great. stock pickups are great but have been considering investing in some seymour duncan JB /jazz. wish it had a floyd rose locking tremelo but even doing bends all the time and beating on the strings pretty good it stays in tune very well. these guitars are based out of laguna, california. i definitely consider it money well spent.
    hiwaychild1
    Ive been debating whether to get this guitar or the hellraiser also. the only real difference is the hellraiser has a floyd rose and the neck is slightly thicker. theyre both pretty light. I really want the hellraiser but this guitar is a pretty good one compared to the latters at the same price. All it needs is some EMGs haha
    hal.hagan
    I picked up one of these used, in the black/dark purple semi-transparent finish. I'm really happy with it, it's soooo similar to my Schecter Gryphon body-wise and neck-wise, except for the shape of the headstock they're hard to tell apart - to the point that I really wonder if these are made in the same factory. However the Laguna offers the ability to coil split both coils so that gives some very useful additional tonal possibilities. Overall, I think it's a seriously nice axe, and I paid relatively little for mine, making it an even sweeter deal - definitely one I won't want to part with easily.
    hal.hagan
    Actually, I was mistaken - it's my Schecter that can coil-tap, but the Laguna is still a fine-sounding axe and a pleasure to play. Money very well spent, in my opinion.