LE222 Review

9.1
 1,361
reviews (2) 4 comments vote for this gear:
LE222 Reviewed by: PureEnergy, on january 08, 2008

Features: The Laguna LE222 is a high-quality, feature rich, solid premium wood guitar. The maple neck is fast and comfortable and has a rosewood fingerboard. A uniquely wound humbucker produces massive gain and 2 single coil pickups provide the ever-popular ringing tones. Features a 3-position pickup switch and a 2-point whammy bar that adds dive-bombing excitement to your guitar solos. // 8

Sound: The guitar sounds amazing, and it gits my style perfectly. It's a great guitar to unleash superfast shredding on, as well as songs such as For The Love Of God by Steve Vai. I use it with a Line 6 Spider III 15 watt amp, which is perfect for practice, and on any of the amp models the guitar sounds great. The main problem is a bit of buzzing on the low E string, but other than that it's great. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was almost perfect, the only problem being a bit of buzzing on the low E string, but I had the action raised slightly and the problem vanished. The pickups are adjusted well, yet the way they are set in the body makes them a little too free for my tastes. The finish on the body was amazing. I got it with teh sunburst body, and it looks amazing. There was absolutely no flaws in the finish. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The guitar is extremely reliable as long as you keep the tremolo bar off, as the tuning wacks out really fast. I've gotten away with slight dive-bombs, but anything serious and you'll need to retune it. The hardware is extremely durable, and I'm very pleased with all of it. I wouldn't rely on this being my only guitar for a gig, but I'm sure it would do the job. // 9

Overall Impression: I play metal and alternative music, and this guitar plays those kinds very well. I would say it is definitely a great guitar for metal. If it were broken down beyond repair, I would not buy another one, only because it would be a good 10 years down the road. I wish it had a more reliable tremolo, but, being a beginner guitar, that is acceptable. // 9

LE222 Reviewed by: Ryanuofm86, on november 21, 2008

Features: The Laguna LE222 Is a great guitar. Made in 2006 in Indonesia and assembled in the US, it makes great sounds. It has 22 frets with a somewhat thick neck. It's a very comfortable guitar. Words cannot explain how great it really is. Most people have never heard of the company Laguna, but it really is one of the best guitars I've ever played. It comes with a case, a strap, cable, a few picks, the tools to repair it, and an amp. // 9

Sound: This will suit any style of music. It's mainly a rock 'n' roll guitar but, it can be used for blues, jazz, metal, punk, etc. It plays well through my Line 6 Spider III amp. No effects are added just the amp and the guitar. It can be noisy but, the two pieces provide a rich and full sound. If you want you can make virtually any sound with this guitar. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The set up is very good, as are the pick ups. The top has a rounded top which provides a great looking guitar. There are absolutely no flaws with this guitar. You definitely get your moneys worth. The price on this guitar could easily pass for $500-$600 but, $450 is a steal. You could never sell this guitar for less than 400. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have played a Live show and it is a great guitar definitely capable of any Live concert. This will last as long as you want it to. After you buy this guitar it will be the only guitar you'll ever need. The strap buttons are very solid, I've never had a problem with them. The only reason you'd need a backup guitar is if you we're Kiss and smashed it, It will withstand any gig. The finish is good enough to last forever. I don't see any wear on mine after 1 1/2 years. // 9

Overall Impression: I play every kind of music, this guitar suites it just fine. I've been playing guitar for 6 1/2 years. I own a Fender Squier, Laguna rg, Schecter omen 6, Laguna LE222, Ibanez bass, Ibanez acoustic, Fender soundsystem, 2 Fender amps, and a Line 6 spider III amp. Trust me, this is the only guitar you'll need. // 10

Comments