LE422 review by Laguna

Laguna: LE422

This guitar suits my musical style very well. I casualy play rock, alternative metal (Tool), Metallica/Megadeth, nu-metal and a little death metal. I mostly have it in drop D tuning. I use a Line 6 Spider III 15 watt amp. I mostly use the crunch distortion but I also use the clean, metal, And very rarely the insane distortion. The Alnico pickups are some of the best picups I've used. The controls allow me to get any tone I want. I can get anything from a lightly distorted tone to a very warm rich tone. With my amp it works really well. The lower pitched strings sound really noisy on insane distortion but that is normal, You can get a very nice tone though on the higher pitched strings. On the metal setting it is not quite as noisy but still a little bit however I just adjust the Drive knob on the amp a little bit and it is better. It sounds great on crunch and clean settings. Overall I think this guitar is great for all styles of music.

I've been playing guitar for about 1 1/2 years. I own another guitar which I believe came from a custom shop that custom painted it so I can't tell what it is because that painted there logo over the other. I also own a ltd viper-104 bass and an ocean bass. My brother owns a Gibson Les Paul, a prs paul allender se, a ltd v200, and a LTD M50. I also own a Vintage Rickenbacker that I plan to get fixed up. I own a 9 piece pearl drumset with a joey jordison snare drum. The thing I love about this guitar is the variety of sounds you can get out of it. The things I wish it had are the missing screw. I also wish I had gotten it in the transparent red finish but it's both me and my dads guitar and he wanted the honeyburst. Overall if this guitar were lost or stolen I'de be devestated and would probably try to buy it again except in the transparent red.

The hardware seems like it will last forever. The finish is thick and solid. Strap buttons are solid. I believe it's very dependable. I'm in high school and let's just say I ride the short bus, my school allows me to bring in my guitar, leave it in a teachers room, and play it during lunch. If you've ever ridden the short bus you should know that it is like driving offroad. My guitar stay in tune and stays together even though the headstock is goes through a pretty rough ride. I also have a tendency to hit the headstock against something a lot and it still is in great shape.

There was no need for me to adjust the action. There was no need for me to adjust the pickups. The only problem I had was once again the missing screw however as long as your not the kind of person Who does fancy guitar tricks it is no big deal. The neck is solid. Frets are aligned just fine.

Body Type: solid Body Wood: louisiana swamp ash Top wood: aaa flame maple veneer Scale Length: 25.5 in Neck Joint: bolt on Neck Wood: rock maple Fretboard: rosewood Frets: 22 Bridge: wilkinson tremolo Pickup Bridge: alnico hum Pickup Middle: alnico single Pickup Neck: alnico single Controls: vol & tone (with coil tap) Tuners: laguna locking tuners Hardware color: satin nickel Pickup selector: 5-way Finish: honey burst Ok that's all the Tech Specs, now onto the actual review. I love the features on this guitar. The tuners keep the guitar in tune when you do dive bombs. The Wilkinson tremolo is pretty good but I'de rather have a Floyd Rose (then again guitars didn't always have tremolos so it's not that big a deal). The fretboard is rosewood (I just plain love the look and feel of rosewood) however unlike normal guitars it comes with a very thick layer of rose wood for the fretboard. The only bad thing about the features had to do with the tremolo. I bought it and we didn't get the tremolo bar with it because we forgot to ask for it. so when I got the remolo bar I put it in. I'm turning my guitar over to make sure it stays in and the bar falls out along with the the plastic sleeve that holds the bar in there. This happened because I am missing a screw that holds the plastic sleeve in. However, it isn't that big a deal.

travislausch
    I'm totally picking one of these babies up in transparent black cherry when I have the money for it.
    mrbuckethead
    A lot of information in this review was irrelevant, but it was ok. I love this guitar, just bought one recently.
    Karl Hartel
    I got this guitar for $299 on clearance and for the money you can't go wrong. The neck, finish, hardware, and sound are better than anything in this price range. I think the 422 and 322 are the same except for the vernier body. Great guitar.
    neptune1988
    I'm looking into one of these myself. The blackcherry finsh. It looks awesome, and it plays great. I tested it through a Deluxe Reverb (closest thing to me vintage Ampeg Gemini). It sounds amazing. It hums like a horntets nest though. 'Course I was standing less than a foot away from the amp. LOL
    Lagunaguitar
    got the line 6 - laguna le122 package. im thinkin of upgrading to this guitar. i want a guitar with a good whammy. im gonna get this guy!!!
    GunLeatherGuy
    For the money.....269 on clearance they are the best deal out there...almost. The 524 if you want a floyd and 2 buckers. Both are very good guitars for the money...Ive read the pickups suck/lack definition/etc...I gotta say...get a new amp. I got mine today and ran it through my 100w tube stack and it absolutely screams...nice versatility in the pickups. From light jazz to metal.. Great neck, quality is good...wilk trem, strange tuners that work well, just a solid guitar.
    tyrider87
    I WENT TO GUITAR CENTER AND GOT THIS giutar for $200 with this giutar and a Line 6 spider IV amp in a special package. great deal.