LE524 review by Laguna

Laguna: LE524

I play metal, rock and classic rock. This guitar doesn't have the hard edge that my DXMG Jackson has with the EMG pickups but it's close and has a lot more versatiliy with the Coil Tap. When you pull it, it changes the sound alot. Most others I've tried didn't make that much of a difference, if any at all. it's got Alnico 5 magnets in the pickups and has great clean and warn sound from the neck pickup while the combination of the Bridge pickup or by it's self provides perfect and subtle distortion. The Swamp Ash gives very clear and warm tones and provides great sustain also. I've got a Peavey Studio 110, a Rocktron Rampage R80 and an Ibanez Mimx 30 Amp I use with it. The Rocktron while using overdrive is a monster with this guitar.

As far as the versatiliy of sounds it creates, it's the best guitar I own. I've been playing about 3 months and have 5 other guitars this is in the top 2 of my fav's! If it were lost or stolen, I'd buy another without question. The only thing I really don't like is the weight, it's a heavy guitar! I make leather products for a living and just made a very nice heavy SharkSkin Strap for it, to help hide the weight. The Swamp Ash gives such great tone, it's worth it!

The hardware is very very nice and strong. It would easily be in the same class as my Jacksons for durability and overall finish. It came with strap locks from the factory and nice ones at that. Better than my Dean or Jacksons. I would love to say I would gig this guitar without a backup but would never do it, I don't care what guitar I had with me.

The FR Tremelo is just like my Jacksons and I love them. Very tough and they stay in tune forever. The action was alittle high for me, but that was easily taken care of. Now it's just a touch away and is buzz free. The action is better than my ML Dean or X series Jackson but not quite as nice as my DXMG. Everything was adjusted perfectly. The finish is the Transparent Red over Flamed Maple and is one of the best finishes I've seen. The fit is very good also. The neck is tight and true.

The Laguna LE524 HH is a feature-rich electric guitar, made with a solid Louisiana swamp ash body and a gorgeous AAA flame maple veneer top. The rock maple neck is fast and comfortable and has an Indian rosewood fingerboard. Uniquely wound humbucker pickups produce massive gain. The Laguna LE524 HH has a 3-position pickup switch and a double-locking tremolo bridge that provides dive-bombing excitement to your guitar solos without tuning worries.

AiC
    wow...looks like a good guitar ....but this is the first tome i've ever even heard of the brand....
    Gopher1409
    I've also never heard of a Swamp Ash guitar that was "really heavy." As far as I know, Swamp Ash is a very light wood....
    DamoPlaysBass
    *3 months sorry oh but then again it seems this guy's copy/pasted form other sites... dumbass noob.
    nsibanez
    i know right? he tells you everything...hes not rich, he stopped playing for a while and now hes back playing...he just started about 3 months ago again dam you ****in idiots
    Gblick
    Ncsk8erdude wrote: no, Laguna is not a re-encarnation of Brawley guitars.. Laguna guitars are made BY Guitar Center and also distributed through Musicians Friend. I talked to the manager of the GC here in Jax, FL and he told me all about them.. Ive played a few, and wasnt really a fan. Bought an Ibanez RG270DX instead and I definitely dont regret it.
    No they aren't, they are distributed by Guitar Center. They are made by Laguna Guitar Co. in Laguna Beach, California.
    Gblick
    No they aren't. They are made by Laguna Guitar Co. and distributed by Guitar Center.
    Gblick
    I haven't tried the electric Laguna guitars, but as for the Acoustics, I have a higher end one I got for $450 that blows my sister's $1000 Martin out of the water.
    Gopher1409
    I used to work at Guitar Center and everyone there HATED these guitars. And for that matter, the Ocean basses too. Just spend the extra $100 and get a quality guitar or bass....
    GunLeatherGuy
    Man...you guys need to read the whole thing...kinda like hanging a guy without a fair trial. This guitar isnt perfect...by any means. Ive got better guitars..but for what it is..it is nice. Ive got friends who have played longer than most of you guys are old! He loves Taylor guitars, has 5 of them...along with Pro series Schecters, Jacksons and so on...including one signed by Randy Roads when he was in town doing a concert years ago. His average guitar is easily over 2000$ and even he says this is a nice guitar for the money! Say what you want....my review stands as it is. P, P and P.
    Ncsk8erdude
    GunLeatherGuy
    And btw...Guitar Center dude. The ocean basses are not made by laguna...they are a cort bass. Made on the same line, same factory..same guitar. Laguna puts their name on them...thats all. Once you hit a certain level of bass they are all pretty much alike. Aside from small details....different electronics, woods etc.
    Harrisfun
    i have one and i love it, i like how much distortion it can take on without sounding like crap
    3blackpicks
    Arch1119 wrote: yeah your rich...your also putting this guitar up to be a god...its great for the price i played in GC couple weeks ago....i've been playing 6 years and have Hellraiser(shecter) and a guitar i built. the tunning machine heads on ALL Laguna guitars blow. the pups are okay but nothing compared to aftermarket. congrats on knowing relativly what your speaking of but your review is not par
    Love it when people review a review. wow.
    GunLeatherGuy
    btw...it IS a Brawley guitar. When Brawley guitar went out of business Brawley started working for guitar center....and had lagunas made to the old Brawley guitar specs. Same guitar.....made overseas....still a nice guitar for what you pay for them. Its ok to review my review...but be prepared to have YOUR review of my review....REVIEWED! ~
    Killer Kenny x
    This brand is an awesome value, trust me. I've got a Laguna LE322 and it kicks the crap out of a Fender Mexican Strat, and costs less.
    DamoPlaysBass
    xXCRA1GXx wrote: yeh whats with that 3 months 5 guitars you rich bastard
    maybe he means 2 months with this guitar?
    ShadesOfNight
    never been a huge fan of the superstrat shape (although i own one myself XD) but that looks like a damn nice guitar. i wouldnt buy one though. im saving for either an explorer shape or a V shape (randy rhoads or king V) but am currently skint
    filthylittleboy
    maybe he meant years? he knows an awful lot about guitars... dude, give me a truss rod lesson pl0x! looks like a nice guitar, makes me feel like shredding!
    gwitersnamps
    I think this company is a reincarnation of the old Brawley guitars. Really nice guitars, really affordable.
    enselmis
    shaz dude u been playing three months and youve got 5 guitars!? rich boy! ive been playing for ever and im still saiving for new wpickups lol
    CustomCustom
    I got the LE322 swamp ash with alnico 5 bucker and 2 alnico singles with a real wilkinson trem and in house locking tuners for $375 and absolutely love it the wilky is so comfortable and tuning is a snap. why spend $900 for an american strat?
    Arch1119
    LazyLatinoRocke
    I played a low end Laguna at guitar center before. I liked it very much. The necks between my Ibanez and the Laguna felt the same but between that and my Ibanez but yet it was easier to play on the Laguna for some reason. It didn't sound bad either. Wasn't great either but it was the cheapest Laguna made.
    GunLeatherGuy
    Well first off...Im not rich! Trust me..just like nice guitars and got them all used, reasonably priced and most are pretty much in like new condition. I took guitar lessons 34 years ago...but never stuck with it...now Im learning all over again and love it! Thanks for the kind words.....and I sincerely love this guitar! Its right up there with the Jacksons for feel, playability and it just plain F"N rocks! GLG
    GunLeatherGuy
    And the first part is from the laguna website...it pretty much says it all. In the orginal post...I said where I got it from...but it got "edited out". Oh well.... Id recommend this guitar to anyone who loves Rock/Metal/Hard Rock....with a pedal there simply isnt anything it cant do.....
    cecuam
    TooFast
    cecuam wrote: How can you even post this review??? U have been only playing for three months... And you have 5 guitars!!! Your obviously a noob and i think you haven't even covered the basic cords yet... Why post something like this man??? You rich bastard
    Is this a serious post? A person can know a lot about guitars and music without actually being able to play the instruments.
    GunLeatherGuy
    Simple, my daughter has been playing for years and I know guitars.... I know what I like and what works for me. I will study, learn and play on guitars for a long time before I buy one. I bought every guitar I have for a specific reason. And Im quite a bit past chords...Im getting my tapping down now....and I love the Laguna and Jacksons for that...very very close action.
    GunLeatherGuy
    As far as me being rich...na, I live in a Mobile Home for gods sakes! But I know enough about guitars that when my Daughter needed a better Bass...I bought her an Ocean 5 string, dual Bartolini active pickups, 3 way equalizer with a blending knob (never seen a blending knob before!) and a neck through design. This thing is NICE! I know enough about guitars to tell you what I like, how it works and why I like it that way! What other criteria would you like me to have before I review a guitar? te he he