LE524 review by Laguna

Laguna: LE524

Purchased from: guitar center (used)

I play most genres of rock, and metal even getting into the darker realms of death and so on and so forth, this guitars pickups takes all of it with easy on clean it has a nice level of bass to it but when its coil tap is engaged and its set to the neck pickup its sounds almost perfectly Acoustic possibly because of the tone woods that make this up next for rock tones it handles it nicely distorted power and standered chords ring nice evenly and clearly and has a nice crunch to it last is metal this thing with swamp ash I'd figure not great for it I was wrong this things got some power these pickups have no noise the notes and power chords ring out so nicely and for solo tones sweeps and taps and shred sound awesome only complaint I have on say past the 20th fret there isnt much sustain at all that's the only flaw I can find though this can be a big issue.

I play a bit of everything and this guitar takes it all very nicely I've been playing for a while now and I own 2 other guitars a fullerton st4, a Schecter damion fr and this there's no comparision this is my new favorite in all mine and my freinds guitars when I bought this I played chose this over a Schecter c1-elite a similer priced ibanez(don't remember model) and some high end epi les pauls in the end I found faults in all of these(c1 action was to high and tuning unstable) ibanez(I like small necks but wizards are to small to be confortable to me)epi(neck WAY TO BIG! And on a metal setting the pickups sounded to weak) in the end I liked this Laguna the best only things I would change is to a original Floyd Rose and change the pickups to a DiMarzio drop sonic and air noton combo though there's nothing wrong with the stocks its just preference.

I have not played it live yet but I have no doubt in my mind that it could do it with easy very nice feel standing up all electronics seem very nicely sheilded and the strap buttons seem solid though I would never gig without a backup because you never know what could happen though I doubt it would.

Well I bought this used so idk bout factory but when I got it the action was too low I mean it rang so bad and it caused notes to loose sustain but that was an easy fix bout 5-10 mins and it was fine pickups were perfectly raised and were very evenly set and the neck on this thing is amazing sweeps shred and large stretched chords are so easy with this thing and its so easy to make stuff sound clean the finish is awesome I have the red version and it looks simply beatiful the flame job is awesome and I've dropped this thing a few times and the body has not chipped or scratched so its very dependable.

This guitar came with a loisiana swamp ash body, buitiful red flamed maple top, 2 custom alnico 5 pickups, a rock maple neck, very good floyd rose, locking grover tuners for a guitar that only retails around 500-550 dollers these are exceedingly good features imo also it has a coil tap which is an awesome feature.