FA100 review by Liberty Guitars

Liberty Guitars: FA100

Purchased from: LibertyGuitars.Com

Liberty dobro's difinitely have their own sound. If what your used to with a dobro is a thin plunky sound then the FA-100 will come as quite a supprise. It's a very warm sound, a nice balance with pleanty of low end.

I have been playing guitar for more than 25 years, mostly electric. This is my second accoustic guitar that I have owned. I'm hooked on the sound of this guitar and if it were stolen I would definatly have to get another one. The only thing I wish it had was a better pickup. I would have had no problem spending the mony to upgrade the pickup in I had known in advance how lousy the one it came with was. My brother has a dobro made by Martin with a buiscut bridge and my guitar so blows his out of the water that he can't stand to play his anymore. Its sound is really that good.

I have been playing out about once a week with this guitar as my main guitar and it has held up beautifuly. This is a very solid guitar, one that I think will last a long time.

Bill will set up the guitar any way you want it. I had him set mine medium high as I play both slide and fingering. It arived perfect and I havent had to adjust it since I got it. It's a beautiful deep red and I get a lot of compliments on its look. After an initial warm-up period of about two months the guitar really started to wear in nicely and has become my favorite guitar to play.

I'v had this guitar for a little over one year. It was made by Bill Blue in New Smerna Beach Fla. It's Liberty's top of the line guitar and I think, definatly worth the price. Its one drawback was that though it came with a pickup, it was such a piece of crap I bought a new one and put it in myself.