Variax review by Line 6

• Reviewer's score: 5.2 Decent
Line 6: Variax

I like rock, metal, and punk. This guitar can suit it, but I dislike it a lot. Randy and I played this guitar on an RGA-7 Roland combo amp. There is no annoying sounds, which is a plus, it's just exactly what you're playing, so if you f--k up, you'll know. This guitar's got lots of variety, switching between many, many different sounds, but like it was said before, it's very digital and as randy described it "it's a wide bodied Strat with a f--kin' Pentium 3 inside of it."

I'm playing metal, rock and punk. You can pull off most any sound you want to with this guitar, but I cant stand the fact that its just a computer with strings and frets. I haven't purchased this guitar, with good reason, but it's not all that bad, I guess. Compared to other guitars, I'd take almost anything over this. I just really dislike this guitar in general. I'd never buy one, cause I've got my next guitar all lined up anyways. It's all very pre-set, and I'd much rather have a more unique sound than stuff that's all been done before.

This guitar will withstand live s--t, and I'm sure its a sturdy build. I have nothing against Line 6 in the end, except that they'd do something like this. I wouldn't play this guitar live in the first place. My AX is all I need.

No pickups on this one definitely not something I'd get on my own. Not my style in looks (I'm playing on an ESP LTD AX - 350, and wouldn't trade it for the world).

I can honestly say, playing this guitar before, that I'd never buy it. There are many different guitar sounds to choose from, which is great and all, but they're all pre-set guitars, and I dislike that option alot, because everything's very digital in total. A friend of mine, and myself, played this guitar for 45 minutes, and found that it's decent, a lot of sustain on harmonics and so on, but all in all, definitely not a guitar we liked at all. Fat bodied Strat look, with 22 frets and a solid red color is the one at the local music store (which isn't that great, either).