A 606T review by Mann

• Users' score: 9 (1 vote)
Mann: A 606T

Price paid: C$ 250

It sounds great, the pickups give a nice PAF style output. No noise, good variety of sounds. Good for stuff like Zeppelin and Sabbath, or grunge and punk, which is generally the type of stuff I play. I'm running this through a Boss ME70 multi effect, and a Boss DS-1, into a 70's Traynor YVM Tube stack, sounds great.

I play Punk, Grunge, alt rock, SOME metal, and Heavy metal like Zeppelin and Sabbath, and I say it suits all of those quite great. I've been playing for 3 or 4 years, and own a Fender Special Edition Strat, a custom Strat in the making from Fender parts, and the amps and effects listed before. If it were stolen or lost, since this is rare, I'd try to hunt a new one down, but if I couldn't find one, I'd snag an Epi G-400.

I don't generally gig, but this guitar's been knocked around, the finish has held up pretty good since the 70's, some dings, but those are just battle scars. Stap buttons are solid, hardware is solid. I wouldn't use it live without a backup, because, I wouldn't use any guitar live with no backup. Ever.

Well, I didn't get it from the factory, but when I received it, the setup sucked. But I just set it up myself, now it plays like a dream. Everything fits together well, intonates well, after I adjusted everything it's great. I can't think of any flaws except those tuners, but I plan to change 'em out for some Kluson style Keystones.

This guitar was made some time between 1971-1976 in the Fugi Gen Gakka factory in Japan. These guitars were distributed only in Canada under the Mann name, but are similar to Ibanez guitars of the same time (same factory and quality specs). The guitar is solid mahogany body and neck, bolt on neck, SG style, 2 Maxon Humbuckers, aged cherry type finish which has held up quite nicely since the 70's. A tune-o-matic bridge which seems to be of decent quality, non locking cheap tuners, which kind of suck, 3 way switch, your basic SG Copy but a set-neck would've been nice.

MadeNotBorn
    It's not all that cheap, just the tuners, but the one i have has a TOM bridge and a different style pick guard than the one Ultimate Guitar posted, plays good though!