MB 1 review by Manson

Manson: MB 1

Purchased from: Mansons guitar shop

The sounds this guitar can produce is limitless. I haven't yet purchased the necessary midi equipment to get the kaoss pad working at home but I had a play in the guitar shop when I picked it up and it was really fun. But even without the midi the guitar sounds amazing, the sustainer with harmonic mode means you can get some really strange sounds from it. If your into Muse you can here how matt does alot of his intro and improv's with it. I've only been playing for about 4 years and am not brilliant so my ear isnt great but it sounds good to me!

I obviously play alot of Muse biut I like all kinds of music, from blues to metal and it works well with everything. Although it cost me my entire savings I have no regrets, it is sleek and beautiful and supprisngly light considering all the technology that is in it. I would reccomend buying it to anyone but don't expect it any time soon, mine was in the first group of 10 to be given out and it took 6 months to build after I paid the deposit.

When I spoke to the shop assisstants at Mansons the assured me that this guitar is exactly the same as how Matt has his. Not alot of signature guitars are made exactly the same but this is. Its obvious it could withstand live playing as Matt Bellamy is a very extravegant guitar player and puts most of his guitars to the test.

The finish is flawless, you can tell alot of time has been put into it. I literally cannot pick faults in it except maybe the fret board could be smoother. Some of my bends at the top of the neck are getting a little bit sticky almost. I don't know if this will smooth out once its been played more or i just need to improve my bending but it feels easier on my Strat. Apart from that it is an amazing guitar which has been built to the highest Standard.

Made in exeter by Hugh Manson Specs- Alder Body Birds Eye Maple Neck Rosewood Fingerboard MBK-2 Bridge Humbucker Fernandes Sustainer Humbucking Neck Pickup Fixed Bridge Gotoh 510 Machine Heads Kill Switch Volume, Tone Sustainer On/Off Switch Sustainer Harmonic/Fundamental Switch 3-way Pickup Selector Switch Manson Deluxe Logo Hard Case

stevenward1
    I seriously want this guitar but with that price tag on it i'll be dead before i can afford it
    aj4541
    good guitar, but it is overpriced, and would cost a lot less if it had nothing to do with matt
    Vinushka
    It's nice to see UG keep a tight grip on the reviews they publish =/ Honestly, not only has someone reviewed a guitar they have not played, but the fact that UG published it is just as bad if not worse. Altogether it sounds more like rabid advertising for this guitar and Muse as opposed to a review. Kudos for honesty though.
    MuseMark
    I thought prof-samm's review was better, I have one of these, the best guitar I have ever played, a friend of mine played it at a gig a couple days ago, plugged it in and asked me if the sustainer was left on as the sustain was excellent, fantastic build quality and sounds really beefy
    Bloodlust Vamp
    Quote from Adrian at the Manson shop: The MB-1 comes with a custom Manson XY MIDI controller screen. It is not a kaoss pad as some people have mistakenly stated. So what the screen allows you to do is control any MIDI device. We adjust the parameters for the Korg Kaoss pad and the Digitech Whammy as these are the effects Matt uses with his guitars mainly. But you can control many more devices if you wish. So thats the info for all you guys who have no idea what the midi screen is used for I just hope they keep making this guitar coz i am only 16 and have no idea when i will get this beautiful guitar - BUT I WILL. I'd rather die than live without my Manson Glitterti (I don't care about the Black Midi Manson).
    wezel1995
    6cradle6of6filt wrote: but matts is all glittery, so its not the same
    But Matt has like 3 or 2 guitars like these. One black one + one red glittery... (and a mirror finish I think)