SG review by Marlin

It suites the style I play beacuse I have the same playing techniques as Angus (I'm told) and I play RNR and some metal and it looks nice while I'm playing. I use it with my Fender Frontman reverb 12R I got for christmas. It sounds great real crunchie distortion. It's great I can make a siren from UK on the cop cars, it is so awsome, it always scares people.

My over all I'm pression - I love this guitar. It's pricless to me.

This guitar withstands live playing very well. I can get it to over Drive when I want and every thing. It will not ever break easy beacuse well it made in the '50s and things weren't made like s--t then like thy are now. I defenity depend on it. I have never used a back up guitar before and likely never will. But I play really hard and the strings sometimes break because of that, but never during concert.

The guitar was set up good in the factory. I like the pickups. I Shine it up really good with Car wax (turtle wax) and it doesn't take the finish off. My dad used to light it on fire when he played. Once he let a freind borrow it for and air band and the guy jumped off the stage and wack! All you could hear was that and they guitar hit the state when he jumped off of the stage. All it left was a small chip. The paint is cracked.

It is a really old Marlin electric from some where between 1950-1969. My dad bought it at a Paun shop in 1973 and I was going though his old house and found it (2002) and he decided to let me have it. The rear pickup gives it a nice crunchie distortion sound with my Fender amp. My front one gives it a good heavy sound. After about 3 months my strap started falling off so I got sraplocks fixed the problem. The 1 thing I don't like about it that much is the neck goes from about the 16th fret to the 21 is in the body. Other than that it is a great guitar.

MattLoaf
    TheKermal wrote: A picture would have been great
    BornToRun wrote: ummmh... no offense, but this is pretty sucky without picture
    Google.
    Marlin 70s SG
    I've got one too. Its awesome. Did not know it was that old. Thought it was from the 70's. Bought it in a pawn shop in the late 80's.
    redshift21
    I had a Marlin in the early 90's, bought it new from a shop I think was called "Len Stiles Music" in Lewisham, at that time I only ever remember seeing the Strat copy they did, whether they did any other models I can't recall now.