Rocket Deluxe review by Marshall

Marshall: Rocket Deluxe

I haven't played many other guitars, except a very nice 2000 guitar which is my teacher's. He played both my guitar and his own and made mine sound almost as good as his, showing that the sounds for this guitar is good if you're a good player. I use it with MG15CDR Marshall amp which came with the guitar and it sounds very nice, I don't use any effects. I mostly played rock/metal like Metallica, Slipknot, Guns N' Roses etc. It sounds pretty good. The guitar has a nice clean tone and a heavy ditortion which sound nice.

It plays well, I play metal and it does it reasonably, if I had the moeny I would buy a better guitars but this was a good cheap guitar and I'm happy with it. For 230 (around $370 USD I think) I got the guitar, a strap, a crappy lead, a very nice amp, a good bag, a tuner. Everything I need, oh and also some picks. If it where stolen I would hire a hitman 'cause it's the only guitar and my first guitar. I couldn't afford another one so I doubt I could afford a hitman but still, I would severly hurt the offender. I compare it too the Squier pack which is cheaper but not as good, I prefer my guitar to the Squier except I prefer the Squier's action. The Marshall amp is better made and has a reverb which the Fender doesn't have. What I like about the guitar is the look, the mother of pearl plate is extremely nice.

I've seen a completley destroyed Squier Strat play a song live and come of in one piece so I don't see why this couldn't stand a bit of live playing, may come out of tune a bit though. I would take it too a gig without a backup, it's my only guitar but if I had another I would definately bring it just in case. The strap buttons are good but the strap comes of now and again because the strap goes backwards ans slips out. It seems like it will last yes.

I haven't changed the pickups or action and that simply because I don't know how, but from the factory it sounds pretty damn good. It's pretty sturdy, I've dropped it a few times and it has a few small cracks here and there from hitting corners of tables but that to be expected, all the hardware was fitted well, the only thing I've had problems with is the input which come lose and is in an awkward place to tighten, apart form that it's all good.

"Made in China" adorns the bottom of the neck. It's a Strat shape with a few changes. There is 3 controls, 2 tone and 1 volume, the tones don't change the tone much but if ure looking very finely for a sounds it mite make a difference for you. On distortion I found the volume around 1-3 cuts out a lot of distortion making it have a cleaner distortion tone. It generally keeps in tune until my guitar teacher sees it and tells me how badly out of tune it is. It is a nice glassy black colour with a mother of pearl scratchplate which make it look very nice and my parents think "expensive." It has 21 frets, it is full size and has good action although I would prefer slightly thinner neck. It has 2 single coil and 1 very nice humbucker.

mawa.tigwica
    hey guys...I just need to say that I bought this thing used back in 2007 and it as never faled me. i put fender lace sensor gold singles and a seymour duncan sh-1 humbucker in. added a killswitch too marvelous not bad guitar at all. also, this was my first guitar
    mozso92
    For the love of cthulhu, stop reviewing and giving high score to below average gear when you lack resources and knowledge of guitars... Yes if you don't have money and you're a beginner feel free to buy entry level stuff, but don't put them on godly levels.
    I got mine at a pawn shop for about $80. When I plugged it in, the G string, played open, sounded kind of piano-like. When I play it totally clean, the double-coil pickup gives a slight overdrive effect, which I like. I don't know the year, but it is an amazing guitar. If anyone finds one, buy it. I think mine is under priced.
    OttovanZanten
    Everybody tells me the MG15CDR amp sucks, and that the MG15CD is way better, and cheaper...
    dan1294
    Hi, Does anybody know how to remove an old (broken) string from this guitar? Any help would be appreciated!
    Guitarmanmatt
    to remove a strong you turn the machine head towards you and tug the end of the sstrind out of the nut and push the other end out the back of thje guitar thrugh the small slit
    40 pancakes
    Not a real humbucker?! Pack guitars are crap (especially seeing as it's packaged with an MG) but that's just awful.
    Sebara
    Pretty good guitar, plays well considering its price. Absolutely fantastic for beginners and it is a good looking guitar too.
    Daniel Pearce
    dan1294 wrote: Hi, Does anybody know how to remove an old (broken) string from this guitar? Simply buy a new string and if you can't fix the string on go to your local music/guitar shop - and they'll put it on. Any help would be appreciated!
    Guitarmanmatt
    i spose after all the bad things i sed about the guitar i found that hooking it up with a boss DS-1 and using a Marshall Valvestate 230 it can sound nice, i got the action lowered and the pickups hightened to get more sound but all in the all the guitar is quiet its useless at tapping but maybe i dont tap hard enough and i have to have a 100watt cabinet set to ful volume to get enough sound at band practises!
    tomislav12
    Necrolysis
    tomislav12 wrote: Guitarmanmatt wrote: its not a real humbucker open the scratchplate and take the pickups of its a con humbickers are expensive i was disapponted when i found out Looks like you don't know what humbuckers are. They are two single- coils connected together, but each has a different polarity and windings. The noise is cancelled due to destructive interference, while the actual signal is increased due to constructive interference.
    finally someone on this thread that knows what they're talking about...lol