Rocket Special review by Marshall

Marshall: Rocket Special

Purchased from: Dawsons

I found the guitar sounds best at bluesy stuff, even someone of my skill (not very high) could make a classic solo melt. I'm using it with a Marshall MGCDR-15, the amp supplied with the guitar. On distortion, I personally think it sounds awful, sorry but Smells Like Tean Spirit on this guitar is unrecognisable it's that bad.

I genrally play Blink 182 sort of punk-pop music, and its a terrible match. Blues is the guitars speciality, and not punk-pop. If I lost my Rocket Special, I would probably get a pacifica. Or seeing as I'm getting a bit better than beginner standard maybe an Epiphone.

I've played this guitar live and its not bad, comes out of tune easilly and the strap comes off every so often. Would not use at a gig without a backup. From what I can tell the guitar will last a while, not a life time by any means but a good few years.

No real flaws here, loose tone control but that's it really.

This guitar comes in the Marshall rock kit, along with a korg tuner (or a Marshall tuner as I ended up with), 2 Marshall plecs (I got 5), a Marshall strap, lead, and 15 watt amp. The guitar feature 21 frets, and a stunning appearence of 3 shades of black and a plain wood back od the neck. The neck and body is maple (made in China), and Strat style body. Sandard volume, 2 tone controls, with 5-way selector.