Rocket Special review by Marshall

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
Marshall: Rocket Special

Price paid: € 35

Purchased from: A friend

Its great for blues, and rock, but its not great clean. I use it with a Fender amp so that does most of the work. An anoying buzz kicks in very quickly after releasing the strings, so not great for playing Live. Not much veriety, but with a good pedal and decent amp it would sound great.

Not great for me as I'm a all-round player, but I just use it as a last resort. I own a Vintage (thats the company) Les Paul Copy thats great for the price I payed 100E, But the guitar I always play Live is my Epiphone Les Paul Standard PT in "Translucent Blue" that has a great warm tone that I recomend to any intermidiate or pro players that are looking for there first "good" guitar. If I lost this guitar, or broke it (most likely), I wouldn't give a rats arse purely because of the price I payed, and its not THAT pretty... I just think its like every other Strat copy, exept this one has Rocket Special writen on it...

This guitar wouldn't last very long, 2 years max (playing Live) but I wouldn't trust it playing a gig with no backup. The paintjob hasn't worn out yet, but its lost some Shine where my hand rests. I wouldn't rely on it much, I only play it once in a blue moon.

This guitar was built like crap. Cheap wood, crappy Pegs that had to be tightend, controls comit suicide... Not great, if you really want one, buy it second hand, and change averything you can... OK paint finish. but it could do with a better scratch board (at least a bit darker so it looks the same colour as the guitar.

This, was of course, great value for what I payed, but I wouldn't pay any more than 150 euros for it new. Only 21 frets whitch is a real shame for lead guitar playing. The black model I have (I believe there is a natural wood version) looks great, and extremely light, but the wood used is cheap and fragile. I bought it from a friend cheap because the wood was ripped off the guitar just because he used the vibrato! The body could easyly be mistaken for a Stratocaster, untill you pick it up, but it has a strange (yet very cool) bat wing headstock. Controls given are volume, two tones and a 5-way selector, but both tones broke in no time, so I replaced them with a killswitch, I think it came with an amp originalty but I only bought the guitar an its Marshall softcase.

rjaylaf
    my switch doesn't work very well, it works best on just the bridge or just the neck pickup. and mine did go out of tune alot, so i stuck 2 more springs into it now its better, but i dont have a whammy bar for it. and the jack does come loose some, but it is a sweet guitar for the price,if u can get over the small things.