2008 White Zebra review by Master Caster

Master Caster: 2008 White Zebra

Purchased from: MJ guitars, in Munich

I play Scorpions style, Hard Rock, Metal, Blues. This guitar really suits my style. I use it with Marshall 30dfx/Line6 Spider3 amp, and Boss GT-10 effects processor. That guitar is not noisy at all, it has a warm sound on the neck pickup and a bright sound on the bridge pickup. The guitar has also a nice sustain. It can produce all Scorpions sounds; from wallcrashing heavy to ultraclean. All sounds are avaiable from the guitar contlrols.

This guitar suits (almost) every kind of music, even if you don't have any pedals, don't worry the controls have all the sounds. I have been playing for 3 years, and it's my favourite guitar, as well as the Dommenget Explorer 90 Custom, I also have a Fender Custom Classic Stratocaster, a Gibson Les Paul 80', and a PRS Paul Allender-SE guitars. But they are no match to these 2. I love everything about this guitar, except the price. My favourite features are the pickups. The only thing I wish it had is a better price.

This guitar withstands Live playing. The hardware looks like it will last forever, The strap buttons are very solid, but I prefer using strap-locks (I don't want to drop it, too expensive). You can depend on it completly, no backup needed on gigs. The finish is so good that (I think) it will last forever.

The guitar is a Hight-Quality company made. So it was perfectly set-up at the factory. Plus, Matthias Jabs will test every guitar you buy to ensure the baest quality. The bridge pickup looks broken but it's bended. The guitar didn't contain any flaws (otherwise I'd be furious paying such money)

Made in 2008, in Germany, by the Master Caster co. witch is a Dommenget leaded co. This guitar has 24 frets, with a long neck scale of 25.5". The body is made of old german alder, and the neck of european maple, carbon fibre-reinforced. The fretboard is rosewood, Dot "mother of pearl", and MJ sign on the 12th fret inlays, and Jumbo Dunlop 6150 (Gibson) frets. The guitar is a Strat-style guitar with a nice Matthias Jabs'"Zebra" finish. The Kluson Vintage tuners are really nice. The bridge is an Original Floyd-Rose Tremolo. This guitar has 3 pickups: - Patended "Masterbucker B" (HBSC Combination Humbucker/Sigle coil)Bridge pickup - Funkstrat, reverse polarity. Middle pickup -"Masterbucker N" (HBSC Combination Humbucker/Single coil)Neck pickup This guitar has 4 Switch: - 1 volume control for bridge pickup. - 1 volume control for middle/neck pickup. - 1 Master tone (with NOS Paper-coil Condenser, like 50' LP)Push/Pull switches the neck pickup from single coil to humbucker. - 1 Leadswitch (switches the bridge humbucker straight to the socket, the remaining circuit is completely disconected) It includes a case, 3 signed picks, and Matthias Jabs' signature KLOTZ cable.

saint_berzerker
    Zoso1994
    Your amps do suck. I'm sorry but you must be an idiot to spend 5000 dollars on a guitar, say you paid for it's sound and then play it through an MG and a spider. You could have gotten a squier and a mesa for under 3000 and you'd have 100x better tone, but no. get 4 overpriced, obscure guitars and play them through major crap amps. Also good luck selling it... P.S.- I feel really sorry for the people who decide to take lessons from someone with 3 years playing guitar who thinks a 5000 dollar guitar through a 200 dollar amp is the way to get a good tone.
    Rywad
    dennis4rock
    Rywad wrote: What I find strange is this guy is like 14/15 and apparently has all these guitars... And I doubt you actually own these German ones as I'm sure you'd have actual pictures of them rather than the websites on your profile. And with the other guitars you have pictures of are at least like real. You're either really really spoilt or the guitars are like your dads. No 14 year old can save up $5000 in a year and a half.
    Man, my dad helped me wiv the cash I made about the half of the price.
    dennis4rock
    Well you never tried a real Master Caster, so how can you judge. just because others started by the saying that my amps sucks, you finish by saying that I'm a liar, and that the guitar sucks. That's Nice!
    SilverSpurs616
    Looks like something Justin Hawkins would play It also looks awful, and I've never heard of this brand before. Probably for good reason..
    blackborrego
    this review should not be in front page seriously, nobody trust you, another perfect 10 guitar of a german brand that nobody knows? come on. I surely would spend 5000 dollars on a custom gibson or a prs
    dennis4rock
    ProgFolk12 wrote: It's still a spider. How can you possibly get anything like good tone from a cheap SS modelling amp? You don't even need to spend that much on an amp. You could get tone 1000x better if you spend even one tenth of your guitar budget on an amp. $500-$750 can get you a great amp
    I'm not good in amps, but I'm good in guitars. Thanks for the tip.
    wafl
    5000 is insane, only a crazy person would pay that much for a guitar and then buy 2 mediocre amps. Also you should probably read over your review to see if it has proper grammar and stuff
    GuitarMozis
    Zoso1994
    Yet another n00b.
    J.J.G.
    Zoso1994 wrote: GuitarMozis wrote: Gibson Les Paul is where it's at. Half the price for over double the guitar. -The Mozis Yet another n00b.
    +1 why is everyone so blinded by the les paul? any way this guitars are only for a really restrict market, thats what makes the prestige around this guitar. This is over sound/price relation this is a guitar for those who love the instrument itself. dont say "you could buy 3 les paul standart" or "you could buy 2 prs custom". people who buy this stuff probably already have all of that and are way over it.
    dennis4rock
    JamieIsHere wrote: I'm thinking this might be a case of someone spending $5000 and finding out it's basically a re-painted squire... So he gives it all tens, except impression. And I agree with ProgFolk12; Tone is greatly effected by amp, and I played a Line6 spider earlier... it was a little bit tame.
    Well look at the zoomed pic and see the headsock, read it. And believe me a Squier dosen't have the same sound. This one sounds better than Fender Custom Shop.
    dennis4rock
    How can you call a Master Caster a Squier? I don't pay for the paint, I pay for the sound. even on a 10 watt amp you can get nice sound with this guitar.
    CTGraphixGuy
    ibanezcustomman
    Morphina
    Larry O.
    lol...I can spray zebra stripes on a squire and sell it for $5000.00 woo-hoo!!
    dennis4rock
    Morphina wrote: wooooowwww!!!! $5706!!!! Man, you could buy a crap-load of cigarretes!! ...or guitars
    S orry I dont smoke!!
    dennis4rock
    Larry O. wrote: lol...I can spray zebra stripes on a squire and sell it for $5000.00 woo-hoo!!
    Yeah but u cant have the same sound.
    dennis4rock
    CTGraphixGuy wrote: saint_berzerker wrote: I'm not understanding these multi-thousand dollar German copies. Either you have some serious cash to throw away, or these guitars have magical powers that move your fingers like Yngwie. LOL! I'm right there with you saint. The second mysterious, extremely expensive, German guitar reviewed in as many days. How is it I've been playing guitar for over 20 years, have travelled the world, and have NEVER heard of Master Caster or Dommenget?
    Cuz Dommenget is a guitar company used by little amount of artists. Boris Dommenget crafts guitars for them. And Master Caster is Matthias Jabs' company, but the craftsman of Master Caster is Boris Dommenget
    windy.uk
    Got to say, if I was spending that much on a guitar it d have to be on a PRS or a Tyler something that looks the part and sounds it. Though each to his own taste i suppose.
    dennis4rock
    ibanezcustomman wrote: I hope that you have a job, unless, you would be extremely spoiled Anyway, it's a really nice guitar, but I think it's to expensive.
    I was savin' money for 1.5 years before buying it, I started givin guitar lessons.
    sbinlb
    the guitar looks terrible and buy an amp thats not a modeling and you will here how good this painted squire really sounds.
    melonwater93
    you have only playing for 3 years and you have all those nice guitars?!?! sounds awesome though, really hope it's worth the price
    dennis4rock
    ProgFolk12 wrote: It's not the price that puts me off. It's not the colour. It's not the brand. It's the bit that says "I use it with a marshall 30dfx/line6 spider3"...Is this a serious review? Are you actually running $5000+ of guitar through two of the worst amps I've ever heard? Please tell me this is a UG joke, right? Oh and on topic, it looks like a tasty strat but i suddenly don't trust this review...
    I spend money for guitars. how do you want me to buy expensive guitars and expensive amps??? I'm noy millionaire (I wish I'd be one)
    dennis4rock
    why are u all against SpiderIII, it's not the tiny SpiderIII 30, It's the SpiderIII 150 combo guitar amp
    ProgFolk12
    How can you possibly get good tone from a $5000 guitar into a $200 amp? I'm not saying you have to spend another $5000, but your amp makes more difference to your tone than your guitar. Spend another $500-750 on an amp and yo'll have 100000x better tone
    JamieIsHere
    der_ron
    hello mr. dommenget. i play 3 years now and my students can play like mr. jabs. i need your hot stuff, could you please make a hello kitty version of this guitar for a little girl like me? (22 bnde bitte, ich kann noch nicht so hoch ) with some masterhugs, Daniela Lorento