MS503 Mastersound review by Maton

Maton: MS503 Mastersound

Purchased from: Custom Music

Even though I only have a small Fender 15 watt amp this guitar sounds great and have used it with some mackie amps and PA System and it also sounds great. I mainly play rock music but this beast delivers what ever I'm playing. Wether its through my effects unit or not I can create a lot of different tones with the rotary switch and tone knob.

I have been playing guitar and bass about a year or more and rock has mainly been my style and the Maton definetly delivers rock tones and towers over the other guitars owned by other kids at my school. E.g. a BC Rich or an Epiphone Les Paul and I wouldn't trade it for a Strat or Les Paul. If it was stolen I would consider suicide or murdering the bastard who stole it. I love this guitar because it has no flaws and I wouldn't change a thing and I can hang shit on my mates guitars. Enough said this is a great guitar and was worth every cent.

Though I haven't played live with it yet because I used to play bass in the band I'm in but I believe it would handle a gig buetifully and I would definetly use it without backup. It has a nice thick finish and it has huge strap buttons that are atleast twice the sice of a strats and I dont believe I will put strap locks on it at this stage.

I have only had this guitar for about 6 months now and the only thing that hay went wrong was a broken string. I contained no real flaws and I'm yet to find one. Due to the grover machine heads I have only had to tune it 3 time that I have had it. The only thing have found is that the black pickgaurd shows finger prints easily but you could hardly say that is a problem.

This guitar was made in Australia around the 2003-2005 area and is the best thing I have ever bought. This guitar looks is alot like a Gibson Les Paul crossed with an SG but has its own very unique style about it. It has a amazing Australian tonewood body with a gloss finish and black pickguard that is complimented with a bolt on Queensland maple neck with a 12 inch radius rosewood fretboard and dot inlays. And let me tell you I dont want this baby getting scratched. It has 21 jumbo wire frets. It has 2 chrome covered humbuckers, a MHB1 humbucker for the bridge and for the neck it has a MHN1. It has two volume control knobs and one tone control knob. It also packs a 3-way rotary Switch and one coil tap switch. It also has a chrome stop tail piece and bridge and grover machine heads. Enough said I love the features of this guitar and it has had my music teacher in aww aswell.

A Minor Prize
    hey dude thanks for the review...i play in a rock band and am considering purchasing this guitar soon, so yeh good to see it getting a wrap
    Filbz
    haha guess again. i own a standard strat, nice instrument sure, but its shat on by the maton. try playing qotsa on a strat, just doesnt sound the same
    flying jello
    there is no one guitar than can do everything. of course its going to be better than a strat. is some areas. but you dont see clapton walking around with this guitar.
    Cobalt Blue
    i tryed searching Maton's on musicians friend... it said You searched for "Maton" CORRECTED TO: "martin" because those are spelled sooo similar...