F-1 review by Maverick

Maverick: F-1

I play a lot of classic rock, classical, metal and blues through a Marshall JCM 900 half stack, and this guitar is versatile enough to play all these styles with ease and still sound good. The neck pickup provides a very smooth tone for shredding solo's or when playing clean, whereas switching to the bridge pickup provides you with the grit and aggrssion to power through those metal chops. It can handle any sound you want.

It is a very versatile guitar and can handle any kind of sound through a decent amp. I have been playing for 6 years now and I only buy a guitar if I really like it, I've had too many bad ones in the past and I've learned from. I wish I had asked how I could get in contact with Maverick before I bought the guitar, because they've disapeared. If it was stolen, I would track down the person stole it and beat them round the head with a pointy stick. This guitar is too good to lose, and as Maverick are not making guitars anymore, I view it as a bit of a collecters piece. It is as good as any Ibanez I have ever played.

This guitar has a great tone and build, I would confidently play it Live and I'm sure it would sound great. The hardware is pretty solid, I doubt it'll need repair for a long time. The strap buttons are fixed solid and won't come loose. I would happily use it at a gig without a backup. The finish is good, I doubt that it will wear for a long time.

As much as I like this guitar, the factory set up was appalling. The strings were catching on the frets and muting the notes when played. The guitar also went out of tune when I went past the 12th fret. The Floyd Rose was set up so bad that it wouldn't move and the pickup selector was loose, resulting in loss of tone while I was playing. When attempting to find Maverick to complain about this, I discovered that the company had disapeared and their web domain had been sold. It has all been fixed now and I have a great guitar. Not impressed though.

This guitar was designed in England but made in Korea. It features 24 medium sized frets so the player can get high up the neck for those tricky high register solo's. The neck is a slim, maple bolt-on neck which is so smooth it literally allows my hand to glide along it effortlessly. The body is made from basswood, and is very thin and light. My model is a beautiful bright Pink superstrat, I would choose it over any Ibanez model anyday. Floyd Rose bridge allows you to perform all those Van Halen/Dimebag divebombs. It features two custom Maverick open black humbuckers. I love the different volume and tone controls on this guitar, it's nice to have a change from Standard knobs from time to time. It features a 3-way pickup selector and locking Maverick tuners. I recieved a gig bag with my purchase.

H0B81T
    I have a dark blue one which is most defiantly the best guitar i have ever played (and this included the Gibson's and Music man's i've played at guitar shows). My guitar teacher lowered the action and now i don't even have to pick =P I also put a Kent Armstrong Mother Bucker in the bridge and a Dimarzio PAF Pro in the neck which creates a weird (but cool) sound when both pickups are on. I'd recommend one any day =D