F-1 review by Maverick

Maverick: F-1

Purchased from: EBAY

I play a lot of heavier music with this guitar as I have tuned down to drop C. But with the pickups installed it has a great warm distorted sound which are close to emg's (the industry standard) they have alot of bite too, clean they are head and shoulders above emg's with deep lows and crisp detailed highs. With it I use a Vox ad-100vt-xl a rare Vox amp which is very good for heavier music which is just plugged straight into the guitar. It will do anything that's not for single coils or p90's, so anything rock really? Its not noisy in any way.

I play hard rock-metal, blues-jazz. And it suits the first three great. I have been playing for just under 2 years and I own a Gibson sg, patrick eggle berlin, and a Godin LG EMG and a load of Boss effects and a Vox wah pedal which all sound awesome through this guitar. If it was to get stolen I would most probly cry and then find the chap who nicked it and get it back. Or search the web for another, but., I do wish it had a original floyd don't know if it would make much difference though as this one is pretty damn good. I love the sculpted body and neck profile, hate I couldnt get one new "/ much better than say a Jackson dinky, ke3's or the evl corts and the Epiphone prophecy things, cheap Chinese rubbish.

Will it withstand live playing- yes its built rather well and stays in tune perfectly Does the hard ware seem like it will last- yeah I reccan it will outlast me and I'm only 15! I wouldn't gig without a backup though... Floyd roses are notorious for going a bit doo-laa to say the least and your screwed, but if I wasn't making money out of a gig say someones garden, private party, I would gig just with that its very good indeed.

No idea how it was from factory brought it second hand, but at the moment I have the action very low and there isn't the slightest bit of buzz which is great the pickups I adjusted myself so I can't really comment on that "/ there aren't any flaws in this guitar at all but the pick up selector is ever so slightly louder than I'd like it to be which, is slightly annoying but it does not come through the system so, not so bothered.

As I brought this guitar from ebay I don't have clue to what year it was made in, but I do know that mavericks are designed in england, made in korea, which is better than being Chinese. This bad boy has 24 fret rosewood fingerboard with a polyurethane maple neck. Its a solid basswood body, which is of good quality and it sustains very well. The finish of the guitar is a just a gloss black which looks very good with the chrome hardware and and roller volume pots. Its a superstrat shape with a licensed floyd rose, on which Maverick have engraved their name into. It has passive electronics but there might not be enough room to fit a 9volt in the back. The controls given are 1 volume and one tone which are on side tilted pots making them into rollers. The pickups which were in mine were bare-knuckle warpigs which I have to say are very good pickups indeed. Tuners are mavericks own which are very good quality and have a good ratio, not to sure what it is though.

kevinpaul
    I bought one liked it well enough. I was so common like so many of mine other guitars I flipped it. I only keep it 5 months. I normally hang on to guitars a long time this just was not a fit for me.
    gibby1509
    I own the F-1 and X-1.....looking to get the F-3 now. Definately my kind o' guitar. Always find they need a bit of tweeking with the set-up, even when priviously owned, but once you've made it your own then it'll be your best friend. Bye one!