F-3 review by Maverick

Maverick: F-3

Purchased from: online shop. Dont remember the name

This guitar sounds phemnomanal! Thanks largly 2 the amazing pickups which are hand wired in Britain by Maverick's specialists. It's really made for rock but provides a decent blues tone if you back off your gain a little. The bridge pickup gives a searing lead tone and the neck a brilliant crunch perfect for metal or grunge. I play this through a Marshall AVT100 and they compliment each other perfectly. My one and only gripe with this guitar is the unresponsive tone control making it unsuitable for jazz or certain blusey tunes. Overall brilliant though.

I mostly play rock but dabble in blues and jazz as well the guitar is awesome for rock and metal but not so good for blues and jazz. It sounds amazin through my Marshall which is a solid state I haven't played it through a valve amp yet but I think it would be equally class. Fav feature has 2 be the awesome pickups on this my one niggle is the crappy tone control. This is a seriously good guitar and anyone looking for brilliant tone and looks on a budget cant go far wrong here.

I played a gig with this didn't touch when I got home and the next day it was still in tune. That gives some idea as 2 how reliable a guitar this is.

This guitar was flawlessly set up and has required no tweakin in the 10 joyous months since I got it.

This guitar was assembled in Korea but by the build quality you would never expect this, it truely is far better than you would expect from the price tag. Is has 24 frets, a AAA indian rosewood fingerboard which is pretty much unheard of on a guitar of this price. First thing that struck me was the simalarity to Ibanez guitars (Superstrat design, dual humbuckers) but I think this out performs some of even the prestige sereies Ibanez models.

chobbsy
    i have this guitar in wood finish and i love it but everyone seems to buy an ibanez instead, although maverick delivers at least equal tone for less :S
    danno89
    i really want one of these, but not sure its a wise choice cus i play a wide range of stuff, from van halen type stuff, to led, some saxon, but then i also like good bluesy stuff like gary moore and lizzy, with the ocasional bit of straits. Do people think this would be a good guitar to use, with regards to tone? what are your thoughts?
    Grimme
    I've got one, I bought it back when I was keen on metal. Totally gone off that now, but I still get a very cool overdriven sound, and you can get a nice warm bluesy tone if you get your amp sound right. Whacking on the gain does make it squeel amazingly, but its a very versatile guitar.
    danno89
    I recently bought one of these, was a bit nervy as ther were some dubious reviews but i am not dissapointed. ***** I screwed it up when i got it as i tried to put 9 gauge strings on without ajusting the floyd. ( i am new to floating trems) but that was all my fault and its possible to do if you get a pro to do it, or know what your doing lol. The sound is amazing, the option of having the single coil pickup really broadens what you can play, the other 2 humbuckers just rock. The 2 bridge pickups are searing, and the neck pickups give the rock tone your after, and even, if u calm down a bit, sound lovley and warm all in all, not at all dissapointed-get one, they are better and cheaper than ibanez
    Kablouie
    Maverick are fit! A sexy British design, practical differences like the volume and tone. I love the fretboard too. it has plenty of space for shreddy solos. the pickups powerfull enough to shred the face off of anyone who looks at them. I have just replaced the bridge pickup with a Seymour duncan but have in turn put my maverics pickup into an old les paul special. amasing guitar. get one. now. well worth over a grand. Ta ta.
    jleyens
    I have this guitar in liquid honey colour. It's awsome. the only downside is the tone nob. It doesnt work properly. Turning the nob either gives you full tone or no tone, theres no in-between, at least not on my guitar. I think this guitar is one of, if not the best looking guitar that you can buy.