Species 1 review by Maverick

Maverick: Species 1

Purchased from: Vine Music, Evesham

This guitar gives a great sound and suits my style of music (rock and metal)perfectlty! The 2 humbucker pick-ups sound great through my amp which is a Marshall MG100DFX. The guitar can give a lovely crisp, clean sound yet also a great overdriven sound which is perfect for all your rock and metal leads.

I play mainly rock and metal music and have found this guitar a perfect match for me. I have been playing for 7 years now and have owned several guitars in the past but this has got to be the best. I love the 2 humbucker pick-ups which give a lovely sound through an amp. My favourite feature has got to be the 24 frets, which are very useful while playing lead as they make it possible to reach 2 octaves on one string. I orignally went into the shop to buy an Ibanez but decided to leave with the Maverick after plaing the two guitars. I chose the Maverick over the Ibanez because of the unique sound that the Maverick gives. I would defently recommend this guitar to anyone Who plays rock/metal music and Who wants a guitar with great features and sound!

I have not had a chance to play this guitar at a gig yet, but I would feel happy enough to use it live without a backup. The strap buttons, controls, and tuning pegs all feel very secure and The finish on the guitar is very resistant. The guitar feels very solid and reliable and I think it will last a long time.

I own sereval other guitars and none of them were as well setup as this one when I brought it. I have had the guitar 2 weeks now and haven't had to change or adjust anything on it. The action is nice and low and there is no fret buzz. Perfect setup from when brought!

The Maverick Species 1 is a Korean built guitar. The body is made from basswood and the neck from one piece carved canadian maple, which is glued into the body giving the back of the guitar as good looks as the front. The neck has 24 frets with a scale of 25 inch length and The fingerboard is made from indian rosewood. The guitar has 2 LQ-6 4 Core Custom humbucker pickups, which gives the guitar a lovely sound! The controls given are volume, tone, and a 5-way selector. The guitar is extremly light which makes it a lot more comfortable to hold while playing.

mikaveli
    I've owned mine for just over a year now. The coil-selectable pickups are great, they give distortion when you want it, but can be much cleaner than any active pickups. This guitar is available as a seven-string too, I shoulda got that one!
    IEnjoiMetal
    even though this guitar is mainly for Metal/rock is it any good for other genres of music?
    johnnyrotten33
    I rush-bought this guitar. I loved the way it played. Nicer feeling neck than my LTD MH1000 deluxe. BUT- the finish is shocking. Really uneven laquering, blobs near the neck joint and rough patches on top of the body. It comes without a bell cover for the truss rod, and the finish around there is terrible. Wish I'd looked harder at it before buying. Bur like I said, really nice to play once I got used to the small frets. I prefer extra jumbos.
    johnnyrotten33
    i bought one as an impulse buy (D'oh!). It's got a really nice neck. Hate to say it, but it feels faster than my LTD MH1000. But, the finish is terrible. There is a blob of laquer at the neck joint, and rough patches of laquer on the top of the body. The truss rod cover area (there is no cover) looks like a child finished it off. It's a s rough as a tramp. However, the guitar plays really nicely. The stock pickups do a good job, giving nice definition.