Hex Deluxe review by Michael Kelly

Michael Kelly: Hex Deluxe

Purchased from: BBB Music

The sound is great. I used a Spider IV amp and it has the most perfect combination of low metal sounds, to smexy sounding artificial harmonics. Definitely a metal guitar.

This guitar has nice inlays that are very easy to see and the neck has to be the smoothest neck I've ever played on..EVER. I used this guitar over my Gibson SG 2005 special when I would play shows with my old band. We primarily played a kind of Bring Me The Horizon and A Day to Remember style of music and we played in drop B. This guitar has to be the perfect guitar I've ever personally played for a progressive metal. If it was broken or stolen I wold totally buy it again for the price. I love the fact that it's cheap enough to dick around with, but still a great sound and fun to play every time I pick it up. This guitar will never get old.

This guitar lasted me through countless nights of drinking and playing metal shows. If any guitar can last through that, it's impervious to me. I have dropped it countless times and so far the only problem I've had with this guitar is the B string tuner doesn't like to stay in tune for over an hour... probably alcohol related. I give it a 7 because it does feel like if it were to drop about 5 feet, the neck would break instantly.

The guitar, when I first got it, needed re-strung and the neck made a lot of annoying buzz. I dropped it back off to the music shop and after that I've never had any complaints. No buzz, dents, dings, scratches, glue, or any flaw you could think of have been found on this guitar since. The guitar is perfect for alternate picking and just feels greatly solid for fast playing.

Not positively sure where it's made or any in-depth thing like that, but it is a 24-fret, unfinished top, with a nice dark gray with lighter streaks crossing it horizontally. It comes with 2 black widow passive pick ups and no locking tuners. Mine came with a half-assed made carrying case also. It was basically a bag with a strap to make it easier to carry. Comes with a 3- way selecting Switch with one volume and one tone knob. I'm too used to my SG which had two knobs each so that's a minus.

Radynj
    Beautiful looking guitar, I'm not a metal player but maybe if I swapped out the pickups to like a SD jazz/59 or something....hmm...
    TST2469
    BEAUTIFUL GUITAR!!! looks like a classic metal master peice! maybe ill check it out if i get the chance...