Patriot Black review by Michael Kelly

Michael Kelly: Patriot Black

Purchased from: Music Go Round

This guitar suits my style perfectly. I have an acoustic style, and an electric style, and this Patriot fits the bill just right. My style ranges from alternative rock, grunge, punk, and some metal. The guitar has a rock/metal sound. Not really for jazz or any country really... I use this guitar with my Crate G212, and it simply sounds phenomenal.

I play anything rock, and its my new pride and joy. I've been playing for 8 years, and this is my sixth guitar, and my new favorite. There's no regrets with buying this guitar. If this guitar were stolen/lost, I would find the bastard who stole it, and knock his teeth out! I would definitely buy it again. I love every damn thing about this guitar, but I'd have to say the finish is my favorite thing. I compared this to a nearby Axl Badwater Les Paul Replica next to it. This guitar shat on the Axl. If you get the chance to buy this guitar, buy the motherf****r.

I have yet to play this guitar live, but I really don't want to. I love this guitar too much to mess it up. The hardware seems immortal, the strap buttons fit to my strap right away, and I know for damn certain that this guitar will last if you want to play it live. As for the finish, not a single thing wrong with it, and its used.

I've looked at reviews for this guitar before I bought it. People have complained about how they had to fix necks, tuners, etc. But I'm really lucky, and never had any of that. Like I said, for my preference, I like heavier gauge strings, so I had to sand a bit for them to fit.

This guitar stood out to me, not only because of its feats, but because of its price. This was my first guitar with humbuckers, and it was worth every penny. The guitar has Rockfield humbuckers, has a black, satin finish, with cream binding. This guitar was made in Korea! It comes with a three tone selector, and two volume knobs, one that is a push/pull knob. This guitar keeps in tune excellently, for not having locking tuners. I got this guitar used, and the only thing I had to change about it was restring it with heavier gauge strings. That's just my preference.