Patriot Hot Rod review by Michael Kelly

Michael Kelly: Patriot Hot Rod

Purchased from: Music123

I'm using a Carvin SX-100 amp and a POD 2.0. I play metal, blues and some rock. This guitar fits all three very nicely. It has a nice clean tone, but can get dirty when you want it to. This is a good all around guitar.

If this guitar were lost or stolen, I'd replace it in a heart beat. I had originaly wanted the black finish, but I have fallen in love with the red and would replace it with the exact same one. This guitar has a very cool look to it and plays well. I haven't been able to put it down for very long since I got it.

The Patriot Hot Rod seems tough enough to withstand live playing without trouble. All the hardware is solid and sturdy. I haven't banged the body up against anything yet (and I don't intend to do so) so I really can't comment on how well the finish will hold up. I would probably have a back up for this guitar, but only based on my experience with the neck pickup.

The action on this guitar is the lowest I've played. This by far the easiest guitar I've ever played. With the exception of the intonation on the low E string being slightly off, this guitar was set up perfectly. The neck pickup was a bit stubborn at first, but it's been working perfectly for the two weeks I've owned it. The finish is beautiful. The red color reminds me of a Wild Cherry Lifesaver. Along with the black control knobs and the chrome flame shaped bridge, this thing is nearly a work of art.

- PAF Vintage pickups (tapped coil) - Chrome flame shaped bridge - Satin black and lava red finishes - Grover tuners - Mahogany body - Rosewood fretboard - Body and neck fully bound. Set neck construction - Two volume pots, two push/pull tone pots, 3-way Switch - Body style-shaped like a Les Paul The satin black model comes with a flame inlay on the first three frets and dot inlays on the other regular frets. The Lava Red model does not have the flame inlay, but has square greenish shell inlays.

slash2005
    i found a black model in the corner of a local store today and i think i fell in love before i played it... im thinking of getting it but there asking for 1100 AUD for it but im not sure if its worth that much
    Shredmaster42
    I love the satin black one, but the red one is alright.Thanks alot for the review, cause I'm looking for a guitar that can play anything and this one looks like it.
    rocknroll93
    slash 2005, the price is worth it. I have a michael kelly pheonix at home hough the version I hav at home is hand made in america and about 60 were made.
    jayturserowner
    Im looking at a used on for 321 canadian dollars at my local long and mcquade its in amazing condition and it plays amazing im also looking at a peavey sc-2 guitar which cost 350 brand new and it is also an amazing guitar. this reveiw is a huge help thx.