Whitie Strat review by MikAl Customs

MikAl Customs: Whitie Strat

Purchased from: MikAl Customs

I play all kinds of classic rock and this nails it from Hendrix to Stevie Ray. Playing it through a Marshal valve with Line 6 effect unit. Pickups are not noisey and are bright sounding. This guitar will hold sustain for ever. I love teh souond and can play a hendrix song that equals any strat.

Classic Rock. Guitar Fits my needs and more. Playing 5 years+. Own MikAl Telecatser and several cheaper MIM Fenders and a Squier. Marshall Amp and Line 6. If it was stolen I would buy another and maybe upgrade to tyheir higher level models, but only difference is wood and a more expensive neck. I love the sound and especially how it looks. Very clean good looking guitar. They call it Whitey. I guess it's opposite of Eric Clapton's blacky guitar. I compared to other guitars like Fender and Schecter and Ibanez. None compare for the $$. I picked it for sound, looks and working with two good guys who work hard to please their customers. They offer there services even after the purchase. You don't find that often any more. Adn I have a Custom guitar made one at a time.

I think guitar will hold up well. This is a nice beginners or intermediate guitar. All hardware and strap buttons are solidly installed. No loose screws or finish issues. I like it because it is very light and well balanced. Finish appears nice. Mike said it was hand polished and waxed and had numerous coats of primer, paint and lacquer all done in their shop. Finish is Semi gloss, Satin. I have played for 5 years and am very excited to get a Custom like guitar for an off the rack price. These guys are awesome and helpful to deal with.

Guitar was setup for me by Al at MikAl. He wanted me to be 100% satisfied. No flaws on guitar that I can see. Neck is very fast and hardware is perfect shape. Pickups were adjusted by Al, not sure of height, but he explained and walked me through setup. The action is much better than other guitars I have played at Guitar Center that cost 3 x's more. I also have a Tele that they made for me that I love.

Recent build from MikAl Customs. This is my second purchase form these guys. One of their intermediate models, but looks and sounds wonderful. Has light solid Paulownaia body, nice figured maple neck 21 frets, nickle polished. Fretboard rosewood. Guitar is painted a satin white and highlighted with black hardware. Trem and locking tuners are Wilkinson brand. Has 1 volume and 2 tone with 5 way switch. Upgraded Custom pearl inlay knobs. Powered by 3 WARMAN single coil pickups (Not sure of output info). Graph Teck nut installed. Installed with DR Black Beauty light strings to color match guitar. Came with dust bag and tools. It is a wonderfully pretty guitar and has acompleted upscale Custom look.

121lespaul
    do you know the owners personally? and are they a custom shop? never heard of the brand but always open to try out a new instrument do they make basses by any chance? I'm more of a bass player than guitar but still like to jam on six strings on occasion