Coffin Pack review by OLP

OLP: Coffin Pack

Purchased from: Sam Ash

For a 200 dollar guitar it does not sound that bad. The pickups are not terrible, but they aer not that great either. They produce a good tone but teh bridge pick up sounds empty, like there is nothing to the tone, but the neck pick works quite well and produces a slightly fuller tone.

My overall impression of this guitar is that for 200 dollars it is a great starter guitar. I usually play a lot of metal and this guitar can handle it it fine. It has one of the best necks you will find for the price and that has to be my favorite part of the guitar. The only real complaint I have is the tremelo, it will send the guitar out of tune with teh slightest use. I highly recommend this guitar to any one looking for a good starter guitar.

I have had no major issues with this guitar except on of the strap buttons gets loose every now and then. I haven't played this guitar live but I think if you get some strap locks it would work just fine. I wouldn't use it with out a back up due to it going out of tune somewhat easily and the chance of a string breaking. Like I said above the finish will not wear off with anything short of a belt sander.

When I got this I was impressed by the set up and the action but there was some minor tuning problems that I had but after taking it in to get set up it worked just fine. The pickups were adjusted fine, the frets were even and neck was not warped. The finish on this guitar is not your normal finish, it has a layer of flat black plastic over it which gives the guitar a very durable finish that I have not managed to scrap or dent.

22 frets, rosewood fretboard, two humbuckers, non locking tuners, Strat style body, string trough tremolo system, 3-way selector switch, strap, Coffin case, picks, cable. The features of this guitar are not bad for the price but not that great either.

NorfIrIon
    Slovak_Ghost wrote: valentinezxifax : that coffin is probably the lamest thing i have ever seen. if you can't find the aesthetic value in a coffin.....you need to get real.... what the hell do you want it to be shaped like.... a huge dick...because apparently if you dont like a coffin case....you enjoy the penis in your mouth
    Well, you didn't capitalize all your words, so quite obviously you are the queen of France's servant. I see no corellation between dicks and not liking coffins. If I could get a free guitar with every coffin case I bought, I would deffinetely buy this.
    whencowsfart101
    Multiplayerjon wrote: I want just the coffin case... in white... my shop sells them... for 500 bucks
    Seriously dude? For 500 bucks you could almost get a Dean Rusty Cooley from guitarasylum.com
    punkmetalA7X91
    HughF wrote: Wish we had a clearer shot of the guitar...
    look in my profile I have a picture of it
    p o e
    seems kind of shoddy to me. but thats just me. i agree with the guy that said coffin cases are kind of lame. i preffer a nice molded case.
    Slovak_Ghost
    valentinezxifax : that coffin is probably the lamest thing i have ever seen.
    Gryphon999
    CapnKickass
    thisismyacc wrote: When the title said OLP i thought it was Our Lady Peace with new album or something
    yeah I thought it too, an album about coffins, which would seem strange from them.
    suthy16
    ditto lol.
    punkmetalA7X91
    Gryphon999 wrote: That guitar looks pretty nice, and for that price!! If I only wanna buy a case it costs me 200$ so you shouldnt expect much of the guitar itself. What about the inlays? Are those block inlays or trapezoid? And what about the case???
    the inlays are coffins and it it is a real coffin case
    thisismyacc
    coffinguitarist
    I have this guitar its good for begining players this is my first electric ^ if you look at my username you could tell this was my first