Coffin Pack review by OLP

• Reviewer's score: 3 Poor
OLP: Coffin Pack

Very clean and like a fat strat. I swapped out the PUPs for GFS Hot Rails humbuckers and realized the stock PUPS were OK. The sound is a little better. The bridge PUP has a nice clear slightly thin tone - like a strat. The neck PUP has nice warm sustainy tones.

OK - not a great guitar out of the box. Must be set up! I spent alot of time messing with this guitar until I realized the problem with the bridge. If you don't want to use the trem, lock it down. To use the trem: graphite nut, locking tuners, plate under the rear of the bridge to keep it from going sharp or wobbling, and tighted the claw as much as possible.

Very well built and the satin black finish holds up well. I could gig with this guitar now that it's in perfect tune. I added Coffin style inlay looking graphics on the body. OLP could have done a nice cemetery graphic or something like the Washburn X Series which would havd not cost much more.

OK Nicely made. The inlays are pearloid plastic and very well done. Not a guitar for shredding. Good for blues and cutting tones. I swapped out the PUPs and put in GFS Hot rails Humbuckers. Helped somewhat, but I relealized the OLP stock PUPs are quite good.

This is an update from my previous review. The Coffin case is the better deal than the OLP guitar. It took me hours to get the OLP guitar to play in tune. Without using the trem, the guitar would not stay in tune especially with string bending. I put on locking tuners which helped, but not completely (already installed a graphite nut). Turns out the non-locking trem bridge does not float stable. I had to tighten the claw all the way to the body (3 springs), and install metal strips at the rear bridge (ala Van Halen's quarter placed under his early guitars)so the bridge would not move backward - only forward. Now It stays perfectly in tune no matter what I do and the trem only goes flat and is stiff, but thats OK!