MM1 review by OLP

OLP: MM1

I like the brown sound of Van Halen, Clapton, etc. and this guitar nails it dead on. I also like the '80s metal sound of Steve Vai and others and this tackles that as well. If you are a Van Halen fan there is no need to shell out $600-$1, 200 for a Wolfgang or Ernie Ball. This guitar is every bit as good at half the price.

This is a great match for anyone who like the Van Halen type sound or a Les Paul type of feel. If you have looked at a Ernie Ball Music Man or Peavey Wolfgang or any Van Halen type guitar save you money and look no further than this guitar.

I don't have a back up for this guitar because I am pretty sure I won't need one. The finish has held up great, the strap buttons are attached well and the guitar is awesome live. I even found one being used daily at Disney MGM studios by one of the guitarists there and his gets used daily 5 times for 1hr each session and said he has never had a problem with it.

The guitar was set up for me when I purchased it at Guitar Center so I can't tell you how they come from the factory. I didn't notice a whole lot of difference from when I played it before I purchased it and after it had been set up though. The pickups, bridge work and everything about the guitar is great quality. The only problem I have had has been with the pickup Switch switching on it's own from the bridge setting back to the dual setting. Easily fixed though.

This is a Ernie Ball Music Man knockoff made in Japan in 2002. Basswood body, maple neck, jumbo frets, sealed die-cast tuners, and chrome hardware. The finish is a photofinish quilt look which is very sharp. The bridge style is more like a Vintage Fender style but can be purchased with a Floyd Rose. The controls are simple with a pickup Switch for the two humbuckers and a volume Switch. Total Van Halen style. The tuners are locking and again of the Fender style with 4 on one side and 2 on the other.

rcmaster0072002
    i got one and its pretty awesome, an awesome starter guitar, its tranparent blue, without the Floyd Rose but its still pretty sweet.