MM1 review by OLP

OLP: MM1

Purchased from: curl's music

I really like the sound of this 200 guitar. The stock pickups provide good clean and distortion tonality. The guitar sound is vibrant. It rings acoustically. I do plan on replacing the pickups with either Seymour Duncan or Genesis Mr. Brownie EVH pickups, but the stock pickups are very good. I just have money to spare after only spending 200 on this guitar. I installed Power Slinky strings (48-11) and the tonality is great and the instrument stays in tune song after song.

I love this guitar! For me it is the ultimate guitar for playability. The stock hardware is very good. The stock pickups are great! I would strongly recommend this guitar to players of all skill sets. I would particularly recommend this axe to the guitarist that wants a guitar that is effortless to play.

I have had my first OLP MM1 for three years with no problems whatsoever. I play the heck out of it and it still doesn't need a fret job. The stock tuners are good, but I upgraded them with locking tuners for ease of string replacement. Feels solid, wont fall apart although the finish might chip easily.

The playability of this guitar, at least for me, is incredible. I've owned a Les Paul, a Music Man Steve Morse, and a Stratocaster american deluxe guitar and the OLP MM1 plays the easiest. Not only is the neck perfect for my left hand, the action runs low without buzzing, and the string tension for my picking right hand is sweet. I bought a second OLP MM1 to use as my performing guitar, while I keep my three year old MM1 as my practice guitar, which I will continue to beat to death.

Basswood body, Ernie Ball MM body, maple neck, medium jumbo frets, sealed die-cast tuners, chrome hardware, two humbucker pickups, 3-way pickup switch, 1 volume knob, Vintage tremolo bridge, and no tone control knob. I give it a 10, because I love all aspects of this 200 guitar.