MM1 review by OLP

OLP: MM1

My style of music is pretty broad, jazz, blues, rock, metal, classical, and country, and this guitar is perfect for everything. I use an old Crate 120 watt amp and this thing sounds amazing with the overdrive that the amp offers. The humbuckers are well grounded and do not give off much if any feedback. The bridge guitar is bright and clean and warm at the same time, perfect for distortion. The neck humbucker is my favorite part of the sound, it offers a deep low sound on the low strings and a bright/medium sound for the highs, perfect for jazz and such.

I play a good deal of rock/classic rock and this guitar is made for that. I have been playing guitar for close to 4 years now and this is by far the best guitar that I have played and owned. I love this guitar, it plays well, sounds great and won't die on you very easily.

This guitar is a work horse, it can withstand the harshest treatment without breaking or being damaged. I was playing live when my strap broke and the guitar dropped a good 3 feet onto the hardwood stage, I picked it up, skimmed the guitar and started playing immediately afterwards.

The guitar was not set up properly when I received it but after a few tweaks, it worked fine, no better than fine, it worked great! The action is surprisingly low with very little or no buzz. The pickups were adjusted fairly well, but because of the pickups being directly mounted to the guitars body, it was easy to adjust them. The finish of the guitar is incredible, even for a print top, looks amazing and flawless.

This guitar is great for the professional or beginner guitarist. It has 22 frets, close to a Fender Stratocaster scale, jumbo frets, maple neck/fretboard. Mine came with a quilted maple top. The guitar is cut into the shape of a Peavey wolfgang guitar, or Van Halen style. The bridge is a Standard Vintage bridge just like the one's found on the Fender Strat's (Standard). It is given a 3-way pickup selector and a single volume knob, total Van Halen style. It has 2 stock zebra humbuckers, which sound amazing! They nail every aspect of a humbucker sound that you could ever want. Being the tone freak that I am, I drilled two new holes on the guitar and installed a tone pot and knob and a little killswitch. The tuners are Standard factory tuners but work great for the guitar. I have had this guitar for about a year now and before I bought the guitar I had planned on buying a new bridge, humbuckers, and tuners, but upon playing, I completely changed my mind, every part of this guitar is perfect.

GunLeatherGuy
    The reality of this guitar is its a jewel for the money! Some are jewels in the rough.....may require better tuners or other bits but for the money you can't go wrong. They are as playable as other mid grade guitars (notice I did not say low level!) but not close to the real thing! Guitar center sounds like a freakin olp ad! They are very very nice for the money. Get new strings regardless of what you buy....before you leave the store. God bless
    jimbob78
    I had one which I got for 90 quid. Sounds great, plays great, and looked pretty damn good. For a spare guitar or just for a bit of variety, it's utterly brilliant. It doesn't compare to my Tokai ls125 SEB, or the Suhr custom modern I'm ordering, but the pickups on the Suhr each cost as much as this! Great bit of kit for the money. I'd take it over a Squire or an Epiphone any day. amazing tuning stability for a guitar this cheap - even when using the whammy !