MM1 review by OLP

OLP: MM1

Purchased from: Second Hand.

It's impossible to see that this OLP MM1 actually is a Music Man knockoff, made in Japan, 2001/2002. The features and overall finish on this guitar is AMAZING! I can't believe that it's so good and comfortable to play! The body is basswood, the neck is maple, 22 jumbo frets, die-cast tuners - sealed and chrome hardware. The finish on mine is ocean greenish, and looks just fantastic! The bridge on the OLP MM1 is like a Fender style, which is awesome! Though, an OLP MM1 can be purchased with a Floyd Rose, if that's more your style. The electronics is REALLY simple; one volume control and a 3-way switch - that's it! Two humbuckers, beautiful!

The sound of this beauty is unbelievable, really! When I got it I tuned it to pitch, plugged it in and I was blown away - right of the chair! To be honest I can't remember an electric guitar that've made me pay so much attention to the sound and its overall simplicity! I play pop, rock, country, etc - and this OLP MM1 suits my style of playing so perfect! The OLP MM1 has a unique style of sound from the two Humbuckers. It can do everything from great '80s solos to country, pop, etc. I play a lot of solos, when I play with my band, and this OLP MM1 really adds a lot more to my sound and tone than any of my other guitars have ever done!

I'm using the OLP MM1 with my Hiwatt Maxwatt G200R HD top & matching cabinet, plus with my Boss GT-10 Multi FX. The sounds I can create and achieve with this setup is amazing and I can't wait to play some more gigs with it! I find the OLP MM1 not noisy at all - mine is dead silent! This guitar will do everything you can possibly want - Van Halen, Def Leppard, Kiss - everything!

When I got the OLP MM1 the action was properly set, so no need for adjustments - niiiice! It was the same with the two humbuckers, adjusted just right! Bridge, neck and intonation was perfect! A new set of good strings did the last improvement. It's important to change the string to a pair of brand new, before adjusting the intonation! Because of the fact that my OLP MM1 was bought second hand it had some scratches, but that only made it look a lot cooler and vintage! Overall action, fit and finish was as it should be, so that saved me some time there.

When being properly set up and adjusted, this OLP MM1 will be everything you could ever rely on! It will do gigging, practicing and rocking out loud! Electronics, hardware, etc, will last, for sure! Everything is installed right and properly. I'm gonna replace the strap buttons with a pair of decent strap locks and maybe the tuners, otherwise I won't change a single thing! It's gonna last a life time, when taken good care of! Depend on it, and it won't ever let you down! Let your fingers do the job and take everyone by surprise.

Overall - this OLP MM1 is everything I will be needing for a long time, when it comes to an electric guitar. It suits my style of playing and deliver some great tone! Great solos or backing chords - the OLP MM1 will do it. I've been playing guitar for 14 years and have some expensive electric guitar, but this OLP MM1 will certainly compare with these. The two humbuckers on the OLP MM1 sound a lot better than on my Epiphone Les Paul Slash Gold Top Limited Edition - just saying. I really love the finish and it looks just amazing! It has everything I need - I can't ask for more!