MM1F review by OLP

OLP: MM1F

Purchased from: Billy Hyde Music

Setup: guitar Boss ME-50 multi FX Legend Firebird half stack. I play mostly hard rock and mabe a bit of jazz and this guitar is perfect. The neck pickup is great for those clean rhythm tones whilst the neck pickup has blazing pinch squeals/harmonics (if you get them in the right spots) to go with those lead rifts. These pickups are great for stock pickups and the only reason I would change them is if I want somthing a little hotter but other than that they're great. The guitar sounds awesome for a basswood body.

This guitar is perfect for my style of music (hard rock/'80s rock) and is a steal for the money. I mean you get what you pay for and more. If this guitar was $500 more expensive, I would still buy it cause it has evything I need. If it were stolen I would buy another one. I might even put another volume knob later so I can get the killswitch effect. If your an evh fan but dnt want 2 spend iva a grand on a guitar, or just want somthing that will last you and has eveything you need, this is the guitar for you.

This guitar is a great guitar for those gigs were your runnin across the stage and doing those Van Halen jumps because if it breaks, it's not that expensive 2 replace. Everything seems to be solid. I've only had the guitar for a couple of weeks but the finish seems to have gotten slightly darker than when I first bought it (which makes it look even betta) if I were to have a backup guitar, I would buy another on of these.

The guitar was perfect from the factory. the only problem I had was with the Floyd Rose. Because it was my first Floyd Rose guitar, it was a pain the the arse to tune. but that was soon fixed up wich abt of wood to block it and an extra spring (I'm not a big fan of floating trems or bending notes upwards wif a trem).

Don't know when it was made. 22 frets with a scale slighly shorter than the Standard Fender scale. Flamed maple top with transparent amber finish. back and sides black. flat top with the back/ribs contour. The body shape is sort of like a cross between a Strat and a les paul. Similar to Evh Music man/ wolfgang but smaller. Liscence Floyd Rose. 2 OLP humbucker with 3 way selector. 1 volume knob. OLP machine heads 4+2. Comes with allen keys, truss rod ajustment, lead and tremelo arm. Not a lot of features but what you need it there. Gave it a 9 because of little things e.g. no original floyd, only one volume knob