MM1F Review

manufacturer: OLP date: 02/08/2008 category: Electric Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

OLP: MM1F
The MM1F also features a real flame maple top upgrade. This is new model is ready to rock. You get the highest quality construction, tone, and appearance - all at a very affordable price.
 Features: 9.5
 8.9
 9.8
 7.9
 1,305
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this gear:
MM1F Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 26, 2005

Features: The OLP MM1F Model delivers exactly what you wanted! Now you can get OLP's best selling MM1 model already equipped with a Floyd Rose licensed double locking tremolo. This is new model is ready to rock. You get the highest quality construction, tone, and appearance - all at a very affordable price. - Body: basswood w/real flame maple top - Neck: north american maple - Fingerboard: maple - Construction: bolt on - Frets: 22 jumbo - Scale: 25.5" - Hardware: chrome - Pickups: 2 direct mounted OLP humbuckers - Bridge: floyd rose licensed double locking - 4+2 headstock, straight string pull - Fully bound body - Direct mounted pickups for improved tone - Custom contoured neck radius. // 10

Sound: I am an active musician who was looking for a solid guitar that could deliver the multiple playing styles that I enjoy. I play contemporay Christian Worship music as well as Stright Edge Christian rock and blues. I play through a Line 6 (combo amp) and it is a great match up with this guitar. The neck pickup is very deep and delivers a solid lowend while the bridge pick up is the polar opposite. It delivers a solid topend and very clean. using both at the same time is quite nice too, you get the best of both worlds. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The setup from the factory was alright. I belive that they ship with 8 guage strings. I play 9's or 10's so after that was corrected I loved the set up. Everything seemed to be as good as you could get the real flame maple cap is beautiful and the matching is done near perfect. // 10

Overall Impression: I was impressed with the quality to price ratio. It's a very impressive guitar that will meet every need of mine. If your looking for a solid guitar, look no further! This is it! // 10

MM1F Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 08, 2008

Purchased from: Billy Hyde Music

Features: Don't know when it was made. 22 frets with a scale slighly shorter than the Standard Fender scale. Flamed maple top with transparent amber finish. back and sides black. flat top with the back/ribs contour. The body shape is sort of like a cross between a Strat and a les paul. Similar to Evh Music man/ wolfgang but smaller. Liscence Floyd Rose. 2 OLP humbucker with 3 way selector. 1 volume knob. OLP machine heads 4+2. Comes with allen keys, truss rod ajustment, lead and tremelo arm. Not a lot of features but what you need it there. Gave it a 9 because of little things e.g. no original floyd, only one volume knob // 9

Sound: Setup: guitar Boss ME-50 multi FX Legend Firebird half stack. I play mostly hard rock and mabe a bit of jazz and this guitar is perfect. The neck pickup is great for those clean rhythm tones whilst the neck pickup has blazing pinch squeals/harmonics (if you get them in the right spots) to go with those lead rifts. These pickups are great for stock pickups and the only reason I would change them is if I want somthing a little hotter but other than that they're great. The guitar sounds awesome for a basswood body. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was perfect from the factory. the only problem I had was with the Floyd Rose. Because it was my first Floyd Rose guitar, it was a pain the the arse to tune. but that was soon fixed up wich abt of wood to block it and an extra spring (I'm not a big fan of floating trems or bending notes upwards wif a trem). // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is a great guitar for those gigs were your runnin across the stage and doing those Van Halen jumps because if it breaks, it's not that expensive 2 replace. Everything seems to be solid. I've only had the guitar for a couple of weeks but the finish seems to have gotten slightly darker than when I first bought it (which makes it look even betta) if I were to have a backup guitar, I would buy another on of these. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is perfect for my style of music (hard rock/'80s rock) and is a steal for the money. I mean you get what you pay for and more. If this guitar was $500 more expensive, I would still buy it cause it has evything I need. If it were stolen I would buy another one. I might even put another volume knob later so I can get the killswitch effect. If your an evh fan but dnt want 2 spend iva a grand on a guitar, or just want somthing that will last you and has eveything you need, this is the guitar for you. // 9

Comments