MM John Petrucci Signature review by OLP

OLP: MM John Petrucci Signature

Purchased from: Belfast Guitar Emporium

I play a load of different styles from classical to heavy metal. It suit's them all quite well but is great in heavier music like metal, which I have been playing a lot more lately. I play directly into a Roland Cube 30, it sounds great through this. It is slightly noisy on the neck pickup. It has a very full sound though, very nice tone. Harmonics are very clean through this guitar and are clearly anywhere on the fretboard. Overall it sounds great.

Overall it think that this is a superb guitar for it's price range, it fits perfectly in with most styles, but is best in heavy music like metal. I have been playing for about 2 years and own a prs, Strat and a Yamaha pacifica as well as the OLP. If it was stolen or lost I would buy this guitar again. I compared it to a Fender Telecaster when buying and prefered this guitar to it. It would be nice with a floyd rose.

I think that this guitar will withstand playing Live. It is very reliable and durable. Nothing has gone wrong with it or fallien off, it hasn't cut out, except for my dodgy lead. The hardware seems like it well last quite a while. The strap buttons are solid enough, my strap has never falling off. I could depend on it playing Live, I have had theis guitar for about 6 months and so far nothing has went wrong with it. I would happily use it without a backup. The finish seems of a very high quality and looks like it well last with only a few scrapes on the body from msitreatment.

Straight from the shop and it was great I didn't need to change anything. Everything was already setup and ready to go with a set of nines on it. I was reccomended to change to tens but I think that nines are fine. The action is just low. The pickups didn't need adjusted at all. Everything was fine on the guitar not a flaw, great finish.

Made in 2006, inchina I think. It has 24 thin jumbo frets. Maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard. It has a basswood body, mine has a black paint finish. Body style a bit simialr to a Strat. It has a heavy mass tremlo (through the body) with locking tuners. It has a 5-way pickup selector and a volume and bass knobs. The pickups are two Standard OLP humbuckers. Came with a bag, picks, cable and a psoter. I had this guitar in drop b without any ringing on the strings using nines.

bergerbest
    OLPmecoreyLTD
    I just bought mine the other day. I'm putting DiMarzio PAFF Pro's in it and getting some non-locking Grover tuners and it will be a guitar for the gods, or the god (John Petrucci).
    OLPmecoreyLTD
    bergerbest wrote: i own one and have been thinking of replacing the pickups with new EMG's, is it a good idea? after all it will need some carving in the wood for the battery
    I would advice against EMGs going in that guitar. You are better off putting in DiMarzio's, like Petrucci does, its not a full on metal guitar, so i would put in DiMarzio Tone-Zones or PAFF Pro's in it rather then full on metal pick-ups.
    sammo_boi
    It has 2 jumbo frets
    and gee some of these guys don't have very good reasons for giving 7s, playing into a 15 watt amp isn't going to tell you much about a guitar either