NiteFly SA review by Parker

Parker: NiteFly SA

It would be very difficult to find a style of music the Parker Nitefly can't produce. Each feature it possesses is of high quality, so when you do switch settings to suit your style of music, your guaranteed an excellent tone. The swamp Ash body makes for a very clean cut and biting tone that easily cuts through the mix. It can also add a nice tone foundation for lead playing. The only drawback that I can attest to ist he fact that the Dimarzios lack a certain punch and body when played in the Nitefly. The guitar certainly has genuine enough construction as to not hinder tone, but the Dimarzios do not seem up to the task of producing a thick enough tone. Teh dimarzios sound great, but need more life in them to make a truly excellent tone. Overall, however, each setting and pickup sounds amazing if set right, it simply could be more. Perhaps some duncans?

Overall, this guitar is a phenomenal instrument. I play everything from rock, to blues, to metal, to clean, and this guitar delivers. My only complaint is the lack of punch due to the dimarzios. However, this is simply comparing "awesome sound" to "awesomest sound." I've been playing for six years, and this is my second Parker. I was caught between this and a Gibson SG, but when I played the two next to each other, the Nitefly simply offered more features and a boatload of tonal possibilities.

Solid as a rock! The neck feels comfortable, yet indestructible. The Body is light, but solid, brushed aluminum USA tuners, stainless steel frets. This guitar was definetly built to last. I took off the pickguard, simply to check out the internal workings of the guitar, and was impressed with the quality of soldering and the attention to detail. The tremelo system was set up wonderfully, and the sires I could see were all properly shielded and connected.

I bought this guitar used, so I'm not entirely sure if I'm playing the factory set up, or if someone has already had it professionally set up. Either way, the guitar plays great. It's set up with nines, and combining them with the glass epoxy fretboard makes it the fastest and smoothest guitar I've ever played. The tremolo system is flawless. I have mine set on the tremelo setting, and no matter what I do to it, I can't get it to pop out of tune. I've been over every inch of the guitar, and I can't find a production flaw either. Parker did a wonderful job with this guitar. My only critique is a possible sharp element in my piezo bridge, as my D string keeps snapping all too regularly, at the same point.

The NiteFly SA certainly earns high marks in terms of number of features. The swamp Ash body combines nicely with a mahogany core neck, wrapped with a carbon glass composite. Stainless steel frets add another echelon of durability to this fine instrument. The pickups are American Dimarzios, a humbucker in the bridge, complemented by two single coils. Also, a Fishman 6 element piezo system graces the bridge, and electronics are included for both the piezo system and the magnetic pickups. A stereo switching smart jack allows for the seperation of the Acoustic and electric tones, as long as you have the proper "Y" cable. Also, the bridge is a unique Parker tremolo system that has the capability of being a fixed bridge, a tremoo system, or a floating bridge. All in all, when you pay for a Parker, you get your money's worth in terms of features.

Stevegio
    The parkers that were made before 2001 were incredible Instruments. I have a Parker Nighfly M-(which stands for one piece Mahogany body) and it has 2 Dimarzios w/coil split and an incredible Piezo bridge. Best heavy Metal guitar you will ever buy and not just metal, you can make this thing sound like a Taylor or a Gibson Killer or a Strat Killer.New in 98 it was $1495 and the USA Ken Parker Models(everything built before 2001) has locking tuners, graphite nut, Carbon Fiberglas backed on to a Mahogany Neck and a Fishman piezo bridge with Tremelo you can lock down,up, or have it go both ways or lock it down so it doesn't move. The post 2001 Parkers are all made in Indonesia as Ken Parker sold the company to Washburn and everything got sent to Indonesia and the guitars SUCK. They now charge $2400 for a guitar that was $1800 when it was built in the USA and their quality is Shit. Unless you find a 97-99 avoid them like the plague they are cheaply made and Quality Control is HORRIBLE!