P30 review by Parker

Parker: P30

Purchased from: used

I play all kinds of stuff, starting from renaissance/medieval folk to heavy metal. I have to say that I wasn't expecting sound that good from a guitar at this price range. It sounds amazing even with the stock pickups that are descent. It will handle rock and even some old school metal, but it's meant for lighter stuff. It really shines with a light overdrive.

Overall it was a killer deal and that's probably why Parker discontinued this model - they're really good. I've been playing guitars for some time and have had 30+ guitars from different manufacturers and I have to say that this is a piece of art. You can get it to sound like at least 2000$ guitar, you just need to replace all the electronics and pickups (I choose DiMarzio for mine). If you ever get the chance to get it, I really recommend it.

I've never had any problems with it. It's built like a tank, paintjob will last long, all the chrome parts still look fresh. Of course, the build quality is not as good as the USA-made Parkers, but that's probably why it costs 4 times less than other models. Its a work axe and is meant to play, not to hang on the wall. I definitely would take it on tour any time, though I never take only 1 guitar with me on stage.

I have to say that this is probably the best thing about this guitar. It came perfectly set up and has been like that ever since. Action is ultra-low, no fret buzz, Finish is not wearing off (3 years and almost no signs of wear). Only the pots started to hum while turned, but that's an easy fix.

Made in 2006, Korea. 22 frets, Grover tuners, Fulcrum style tremolo, Creme White finish, 3 Parker Stinger single coil pickups, 1 volume, 2 tone potentiometers, 5 way switch, etc. What I really like about it is the maple fretboard with no inlays - that was one of the reasons I even looked at it in the first place. For the price - really good features.