P36 review by Parker

Parker: P36

The sound is amazing, when you want that Strat twang you have it, bu also when you want that fat humbucker sound you can achieve that too through the single coils! it's also dead quiet which is great for a tele configuration. You could recreate literally any sound on this guitar; especially acoustic which sounds fabulous with it's Active 6 Element Fishman Piezo (although you could maybe pick differences between it and an acoustic). Really fun constructing new sounds from mixing the magnetic and the piezo! Sounds great and that Funk sound is great! I play in a rock/punk band and it suits it all amazingly, but also when I try jazz and even metal with my band it handles it with ease making this guitar perfect for me although I would certainly not choose it if all I wanted to play was acoustic as an acoustic still sounds more acoustic than the Fishman Piezo.

This is a great match for me and for any other guitarists except if you are reliant on having a 23rd and 24th fret which it does not posess. I highly reccomend it and at 350 it is an absolute bargain (if you can find it at that price as the RRP is around 550). The sound is brilliant, extremely versatile and I could not imagine it breaking with out it being through some really rough treatment.

The finish seems good to last, the strap buttons solid etc. I would highly recommend gigging with it although I would not gig without a backup, but Who does gig without a backup? Even if I had the most expensive and sturdy guitar in the world I would still bring a back up! The Volume, tone controls seem a little thin; maybe they could get damaged although it hasn't happened yet. I would reccomend anyone Who gigs get this guitar because it has the fishman piezo which can be a good backup if you are having the usual problem of 'small venue, loud volume = high feedback' as the fishman piezo does not feedback easily!

Pickups set up great from word go. Everything good except for when I first got it the action was set slightly higher than my hands are accustomed too but with 30 seconds work it was set up perfect! Really enjoyable to play; feels like an SG mixed with a tele to me! Lush! The body is nice and small and hangs well and the neck is reasonably short scale like a Gibson and extremely fast, ie. suitable for shredders if they might like. The profile of the neck (how thin it is) is in my opinion amazing; halfway between a Fender and an Ibanez which makes it very playable and easy to manouvre around the fret board. When it arrived I was extremely pleased with the aesthetics of it, I was surprised to see it was slightly archtop and pleased with it. Everything felt expensive and looked the real deal.

The P-36 has all the signature capabilities of the high-end Parker Fly in a beautiful ash body with maple bolt-on neck. And when it comes to sound, the marriage of Parker technology with the vintage Tele electronic and control layout is mind-blowing. The pickups deliver twang and shimmer with tons of attitude. Count on the piezos for a very realistic acoustic sound, and then mix them with the magnetics for a hybrid that introduces a whole new dimension to music.