P36 review by Parker

Parker: P36

This guitar sounds AMAZING! hands down STELER! I play anything from classic rock to jazz to metal. I've got an Epiphone Les Paul Ultra which I love and is great for rock. I use my Jackson DKMG for metal and this things for jazz and blues. When I wanna play some earth wind and fire or some charlie Parker bird blues this things the guitar! Add a little reverb to the piezo and this thing sings. Add on the other two pickups and roll up the tone and this things a beast. Probably one of the nicest sounding guitars I've ever played. I'm primarily got this guitar for jazz and blues but I've tried it on metal and solo settings as well as rock stuff and this thing pretty damn versitle. Its slim sleek and sounds f--king great for pretty much everything but for jazz and blues it where it really shines. Parker describes the p36's sound as twang and shimmer.

When I first heard of this guitar I couldnt wait to order one. I've played a bunch of parkers and I'm a huuuge fan! Parker guitars are a type of guitar that you wither love or hate. The p36 in particular is a pretty steller guitar. Its versitile and sounds amazing. If you play jazz and blues or just use clean sounds a lot this things probably your best bet. I love and can't wait to save up for more parkers. Good job Parker guitars this things a great axe. I totally love my p36.

Everything about the guitar seems solid. and I'm not being bias. The hardware looks great and really solid. Again my Epiphone les paul's gold hardwares already fading like a bitch. This thing looks really solid and looks like its gonna last long. Everythings pretty much awesome. I would probably rely on this thing as my number 1 guitar on gig and stuff because its versatile light and is pretty damn solid.

I read reviews saying lower end Parker's have some minor issues sometimes like the action, tension and maybe the notation. I expected a new guitar like this would need a setup but NO! This thing played amazing right out of the box. I hated my les paul for having terrible action. My parkers virtually the easiest playing guitar I've ever played and other guitarist can agree with. I let a bunch of my friends try this guitar out and they all agreed its the easiest to play with. The actions perfect well at least for me, and the string bend so easily. The pickups sound great especially the piezo.

This guitar I believe was made between 06-08. Its made in indonesia like all the newer Parker p series guitars. its got a smooth thin neck with 22 nickel frets. solid Ash body and a maple neck. The one I've got is in natural looks amazing. It has the sweet Parker signature fly body but is modeled after the original tele. 3 pickup Switch selector. One volume knob one tone knob and a volume knob for the piezo. it came with a Parker deluxe gig-bag which is probably the best gig-bag I've ever owned.

Emster 23
    Just want to add that I've had this 6 1/2 years here in hostile environment of Thailand beach (heat, humidity and salt in the air). The Parker has NO corrosion: not the lipstick pu, the Grover tuners (the brand most immune I've come across), the switchplate, the knobs. Amazing. Oh, I took a sharpie and added some fret marker dots on the neck (helps when playing with others). No problem with Fishman (sometimes they go dead).
    Emster 23
    I got mine in 2010 close out at Best Buy. Didn't play it all that much, but dug out a week ago and wondered why... possibly old amp & guitar thing. Sounds great through Yamaha THR and Mini Mustang (I play at the beach). Really do need to use stereo cable to appreciate. Straight from Fishman just too trebley. Set up a Pandora for it and run into aux. That way all sorts of yumminess can be had.
    Philly C
    i was at a guitar store and saw this thing and was immediately drawn to it i wish i had the 500 bucks on me to buy it >.
    rrondeau
    I've got a p-36 and I love it. The tonal possibilities with the piezo are amazing. No matter where this guitar is made, it's hard to see why it's not twice the price.