P38 review by Parker

Parker: P38

Personally I play heavy metal and at first I was doubtful that the Parker P-38 was going to suit my genre choice. When I picked it up it was lightweight and the sound was very acoustic and good for some Led Zeppeling - Over The Hills And Far Away, so I played that song and it was amazing. Then I kicked up the Drive and distortion and it rocked my brain. It's still not the best choice for metal but it is amazing for some sweet acoustic songs.

As I said above it does not meet the best match for metal as would all those other "metal" guitars such as a Jackson, or BC Rich. Currently I am also equipped with a Crate guitar from the tour pack (which is so surprisingly good, that it is my favorite guitar to this day) and a behringer 50W amp. I also have numerous pedals and junk. If it were stolen I would not buy it again only because it is so damn expensive though it is worth every penny. I recommend this guitar for those who want something new, different, and unique to no end.

The Parker P-38 would withstand any form of live playing due to it rarely going out of tune even after intense playing. It has yet to fail me and shows no sign of doind so. I'm positive this guitar will last till lifeless fingers cease to play.

My Parker is customized with a translucent blue front and teal green back. It sounds awkward but it looks amazing. The pickups fit perfectly and the pickboard was aligned with tight screws and the likes. If you are looking forward to your guitar being in good shape when it arrives, then you will be satisfied.

Features:

- 22 frets
- Humbucker, 2 single coil pickups
- 6-element Fishman piezo pickup system
- Ash body
- Bolt neck (Maple neck and Rosewood fingerboard).

Ali-b912
    elmozappa
    To me, actives bite the moosedong, their tone is sterile. Try anything Duncan especially the Invader. It more than gets the job done. Or a Bill Lawrence. And if you have too much noise then something is not wired properly or your cables are too cheesy.
    Claid
    This is a great guitar! Seriously, it's hard to find better value for money than this beauty. I'd have one of these over an Epiphone any day.
    Blackdogxx
    I got one from a pal in showroom shape, but it was better: already set up by a pro. Fishman piezo bridge. Mine is red. $350 with a good padded gig bag for a like-new guitar already set up and in perfect condition is hard to walk away from. Plays nice and the manual is online, so no need to speculate on the control scheme. These are the 'lesser' Parkers made in Korea (in my case), so it is a great deal on a very sharp guitar.
    DMCrimson
    MarkoakaNiggaK
    Ali-b912 wrote: DMCrimson wrote: You bought a Parker Fly thinking you'd get a metal tone? I'm sorry dude, but you MUST need active pick-ups like an EMG for "the" metal tone. Parker FLys can do pretty much anything else though, including acoustic soungs, very well. you dont need EMG pickups. most metal bands use them because everyone else does.
    only for gigs cause they remove lots of noise, and are almost sterile to interference. i'd still rather use some duncans....