P44 review by Parker

Parker: P44

Purchased from: Mr Entertainment

This guy has a wide vareity of sound and tone, although for some metal heads the included Parker stinger humbuckers might be a little weak. I'm currently using it with a Behringer V-Amp 2, and a Fender Frontman 25R, and it performs extremly well. It's so versatile with the piezo and coil tap control, it can get all the sounds needed for nearly any genre of music.

The P-44 was a near-perfect match for me, especially the price tag, I couldent ask for better. I would of expected to pay another $500-$1000 for a guitar of this quality. I have to put some stress here on my only problem with this guitar, the battery supply, there have been numberous occasions when I've gone to practise, and that annoying little red light comes on and I lose allot of tone and volume. So the price of the 9 volts to power it can be irritating. Looking beyond that, this guitar is incredible, I definitly reccomend it for all players, well except for those Who dont enjoy the looks, you either love it, or you hate it.

I've already used the the P-44 for a live show, and it faired extremly well, because of it's build it's near indestrucible, although I wouldent want to find out the extent of this feature, as I wouldn't want to lose the guitar. My only concern with this guitars reliability is the fact the whole guitar seems to rely on the 9 volt battery thats inserted into the back of the guitar, this is because of the preamp/mixer system thats placed into the internal electronics. I always keep a spare batterie, and a spare guitar, just incase.

When I first got this guitar it was extremly well set up, the action was set to a desirable level, the pickups were fairly well adjusted, everything seemed to be in near-perfect condition. But of course, it still needed some personalizing. This guitar was flawless, the finish is excellent, and the build is just amazing.

The P-44 has all the signature capabilities of the high-end Parker Fly in a beautiful solid-mahogany body.The humbuckers deliver twang and shimmer with plenty of attitude. The split coil lets you get a pseudo-single-coil sound, with zero hum. Count on the piezos for a very realistic acoustic sound, then mix them with the magnetics for a hybrid that introduces a whole new dimension to music.

JRock589
    sithian476 wrote: Those are poor amps, did you try playing them on others too?
    Unfortunatly it's the only amp i've got, and I havent had the oppurtunity to run it through anything better yet. Im saving for something a little more high end, although I dont have a clue what to get.
    masterometal666
    JRock589
    masterometal666 wrote: whats with the price you paid? it says zero in case you didnt notice. you get it for free or forget to say price? if it was free, how'd you get it that way?
    I put in a price...it came up as 0. I paid $700, I got a special price since it was the last 1 they had, lucky me. Normally this guitar goes for $800-$850 CDN.
    JRock589
    You cant really compare A Jackson and a Parker. There styles are so differnt. I'll take my parker over a jackson anyday tho, it's way more versatile.
    aurian4parker
    god, that guys a metalhead. im not trying to be rude, well...yes i am. because he hasn't played a parker. i have a p-44. and im played a soloist. i'll tell you. parkers play much better than any jackson ive played man. dont say your jackson plays better if you havent played the parker. you listen to dimebag man. obvious metalhead. the parker is for people who have a variety of taste in music. not for the type of guy that likes to go to guitar center and show off his sweeps on a crappy peavey XXL. im just saying. those two guitars are not comparable. parker: parker alnico stinger pickups(active), (and my parker, the first gen.) has a wilkinson trem, grover tuners, piezo acoustic pickup, coil tap. and a bunch of other features. where as the jackson is just simple, shred. with, die-cast tuners, a jt390 bridge, and some EMG's. too plain and "metal" for most parker users taste. parker players are unique, and are usually very technical and skilled players. not just the type to consantly shred in the chromatic scale. bam
    Sirwinston89
    Does this have a locking nut? I've heard lots of different comments, some saying it has and some saying it doesnt. And can these guitars play heavier rock/metal(non death)?
    El_Bozo
    I can't disagree with aurian4parker that parkers are for versatile styles of music, but lay off the smugness plz... It sounded almost like you are a superior race over metalheads. Peace.