P44 review by Parker

Parker: P44

Purchased from: Music store

I must say this guitar really suits my style. I love to play Funk, blues, and jazz and some forms of rock. The active pickups alone are not "for metal" they are more of a powerful sound that gives it great bass and highs and I love it. I thought the Acoustic pickup wouldn't sound good on fuzz and stuff but it actually adds alot of power to the sound and makes nice rich warm tones and can be used in many unexpected ways. The humbuckers alone in full on position make a great blues bassy sound while if you split them and maybe add the Acoustic pickup you can get good higher tones and really rich funk and jazz maj and min chords. This guitar has so many possible combos I am still trying to figure it out. One of the best features about this guitar is it is almost completely silent and that is on my crappy amp. Speaking of amps I'm writing all this thinking about the sounds coming from my small 20w, the amp I used at the store (crate maybe) really brought out the guitars potential but this will sound good on almost any amp. I must conclude with saying if your are looking for a "metal guitar" this is NOT it. Those of you looking for "metal guitars" know that almost any guitar that can handle heavy distortion can be good for metal.

This guitar would work for any styles except for anything with heavy overdrive, it does sound good with fuzz though. I would purchase one of these again if I had to, Parker is pretty underrated (or just unknown). There is nothing at all I hate. My cousin likes my P44 as much as his Fender USA Deluxe. My favorite feature is the active pups and the Acoustic pup, people will say things about replacing the pups but they fit me perfect and unless you want heavy distortion I would leave them they are great, people pay to much for the name especially with guitar products, if it sounds good to you buy it, or keep it. Seymour Duncans sound good but I can say for sure some pickups compared side by side would sound the same and I believe in a blind sound test this could beat some of the higher end expensive pickups. Its not about price its about personal preferance. This guitar cannot be compared to anything else I know it is very innovative and excellent for the price, I don't thing I'll buy another guitar for years. The one thing I wish it had is locking tuners and maybe the strap button on the back of the neck, that's really it.

I would use this live anytime but I would like to have a hardshell because the headstock scares me a bit. Hardware is great nice and sturdy and well built, could be better though. Now for the strap buttons, placing is somewhat strange and I don't know if I like it, there is the Standard button near the Bridge while the other is on the backside of the horn which is curved for that reason I think. Usually it is on the top of the horn but I think they did this for looks. They kinda scare me because the one on the horn just seems weird. I find it plenty dependable and it was made to last very solid.

The set-up on this is great, mine has nice low action and is still intonated everything in this guitar fits together perfectly and the neck looks great. The finish is near perfect with only one very minor almost unnoticeable dent probably made by the owner, there is some weird finish thing going on on the first fret side but it doesn't effect the playing at all and doesn't look bad just a bit weird. The electronics are nice and steady and have no problems at all no noise when switching or changing volume, I was rocking out pretty hard and flipped the Switch then wondered how the sound changed so its pretty quiet. As for all-together look this looks nice and jazzy and the silver pickup covers with the nice brown Orange mahogany looks great and the headstock gives it a new age jazz feeling.

I'm not exactly sure what year it is but strangely mine is made in Indonesia, that being said it is great anyways. The neck is nice and thing really fast and made out of maple. Mine is solid mahogany with natural finish. The body is a strange sort of off Strat style thing and to me looks pretty jazzy, the body is fairly thin and has really nice contours and is really comfortable to me, except maybe in some sitting positions. Comes with a trem Bridge which surprisingly doesn't de-tune it too badly. This has two Parker (may be wrong name) Stinger active pickups which really bring out the lows and hi's, oh and an Acoustic pickup in the bridge. This has 3 knobs and even a push pull for coil splitting. Tuners are non-locking grovers and work pretty well I'm about to upgrade to locking. There are also two 3 way selectors but I'd watch a video to see the sounds they make and what they do it takes up too much writing space. Mine came with a gig bag whammy truss adjuster, hex wrench and a silk? Polishing rag.