PM20 review by Parker

Parker: PM20

I listen to my AC/DC to ZZ Top of rock, and it works well with most of what I play, except for take me out by Franz Ferdinand, I just can't get the right settings for some parts. I use a Crate VTX212 and I use octave, tremo, reverb, phaser, flange, distortion, vib, single, echo, tape, efx, and I've done some wah, and it sounds ood wit hall of them. I like noisey so I can't tell you if it is noisey, not to mention that it's a 120 watt amp with two 10" drivers, but it seems good, its a pretty rich sound. It plays Sweet Home Alabama really well. It has an enormous ampount of variety with the push-pull coil tabs. I like its wide variety, since I like wide variety, I don't have a dislike to it, except the fourth string doesn't ring when I play Sweet Child O' Mine for some reason.

I love this guitar, it's not perfect but it's not three grand. I found one guitar I liked better, and that was the Parker Fly Mojo, but it's three grand. I also compared to an Erniball guitar, I can't remember the name of it and a Fender Showmaster.

The action was set great, the pickups were set great, it was all done great, but one problem - scroll downi bought this guitar and when I brought it to my lesson, I noticed a giant "divot" on the side of the guitar, so I brought it back and MCC was nice enough to ship me a new one. When that one came after long await, I looked at it, it had an even better finish but when I looked at it, in the exact same place, there was this weird white stripe. But I don't mind much, it's barely noticable, and I loves my guitar.

Featuring unparalled playabilty, the PM-20 is a single cutaway design with a mahogany body and mahogany set neck. Equipped with custom wound Parker Stinger humbuckers, the PM-20 just screams play me! With over the top crunch tones, the PM-20 also delivers glistening clean tones. Dual coil-tapping is a standard feature on this guitar for single-coil tones. The PM-20 has a string-through design for superior sustain.

- Body: bubinga or flame maple top, mahogany body
- Bridge/tremolo: string through design
- Controls: mag volume with push/pull coil tap and mag tone with push/pull coil tap
- Fingerboard: ebony
- Pickguard: none
- Pickups: Parker Stingers - Alnico Humbuckers
- Scale 25 1/2".

Smufender
    I own this baby, it plays like a dream. I'm still very new to the game but I actually can hear my chords better on this guitar, so it's a great learning tool!
    Smufender
    Nothing wrong with covers, it's all part of learning the instrument and knowing the style of guitarist you are.
    organeyes11
    this guitar is actually amazing. ive had mine for almost 2 years now and it is just so comfortable and warm sounding. i put a seymour duncan jazz in the neck. man the sound cant be beat.
    iH8CarAccidents
    My friend has this guitar. It's really fun to play and sounds amazing. The coil tapping makes it really versatile. You can get some solid crunch and singing highs. Personally I have the P-36. Love that one too because it's got a Tele setup and I can get acoustic sounds out of it with the Piezo pickup. Parker's a great company, but a lot of their stuff is really expensive, so people don't usually give them much attention. We got ours off Craigslist... Thank you Craigslist.
    Roundwounds
    I have two of these. One in the Bubinga finish and another in a birdseye maple finish that I can't find anywhere on the internet. Fantastic guitars!
    kevinpaul
    This guitar looks very nice. The other Parkers I looked at did look like a bug trying to mate for Gods sake. I played this guitar and was very happy with it, no faults at all.