Custom 22 review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: Custom 22

Price paid: $ 2050

Purchased from: Richmond Music Center

I play Incubus/Sum 41 type music,and also blues and jazz as well. It was the best tonal diversity I have ever heard. It gives me that high gain for punk rock or metal and the low bassy tone for the blues.

This is a perfect guitar for anyone who wants to play every type of music. The diversity in tone is wonderful. I've been playing for 3 years and i own a Fender Fat Strat Texas Special. That is a wonderful guitar but it didn't give me the bassy tone i wanted at times. I play through a Fender Stage 160 and it takes a beating night after night but keeps on working. I have several stomp boxes and otehr assorted things.

This is a great guitar that looks new even after playing gigs all the time. Only problem I had was with my strap fitting over the strap locks. However, I merely had to get a new strap for it.

The perfect guitar. Excellent paint job and the action was perfect. I had to adjust my Strat several times to get the action this guitar had when i bought it.

I have a 2002 PRS Custom 22 and it is the greatest guitar I have ever played. I have had it for almost a year and it doesn't more than I had ever hoped for. It was made in the U.S.A and has 22 frets. It's a solid top with a 5-way rotary pickup selector. It has H/H pickups with and they are nickel plated.The neck is a Rosewood fretboard with the abalone bird inlays. It also has a stoptail.