Custom 22 review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: Custom 22

Purchased from: Kelly's Music

I play hard rock, classive rock, heavy rock, a little heavy metal(Ozzy), hair metal, and some punk. Suited 'em all just fine, with perticular deffinition on hard rock. I play through a big ole 350watt Marshal Mode Four, driving one 4X12" cabinet. I use reverb and chourus and gain, if you call that an effect. One of the questions says "is it noisy." If you mean bad noise that you get frome those chep little piece of shit guitars, absolutly not. If you mean loud, yes! You can get both rich, warm sounds and brite sounds on different pickup settings.

I play hard rock - it is a perfect match. I have played for seven years. If this guitar was stolen I would buy another one then track down the son of a b--ch that stole it and get my f--ing guitar back! As far as featurs I love the tuners (hate tuning). The only thing I else it had is a whammy bar.

This guitar would withstand being shot off stage through a cannon into the crowd to be passed around on its back. Not that I would (wouldn't get it back). Everything seems solid and like it will last for a lifetime. The strap buttons are solid and actually kind of big, so that it takes a little work to get a strap on. But once it is on it is not comming off unless you take it off. It is the most dependable guitar I know of and I actually do play gigs with it without a backup. The finish has got like three coats of clear, I don't think its comming off anytime soon.

The action on this guitar came so low that if you look at it, it looks like the strings are touching the frets, but then you play it and there is no buzz of any kind. Actually I am not going to bother answering the rest of the qeustions here, every thing came absolutly perfect, no flaws of any kind. I will say the finish is the most beautiful I've seen in 7 years.

- 2004, USA - 22 frets rosewood fingerboard - Carved maple top - Mahogany body - Mahogany neck - Flamed top - Double cutaway - Wrap-around tailpiece - Passive electronics - 1 volume, 1 tone, 5 way pickup selector - Locking tuners PRS - Hardshell case - Truss rod ajusing tool.