Custom 22 review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: Custom 22

Purchased from: Steve Womack (Ebay)

Well as I play things like Lostprophets, story of the year this guitar straight away gave me the tone I wanted I have it tuned to Drop as of current hasent come out of tune yet! Even after playing for a gig the thing is still in tune! The 5-way rotary switch hasn't been a probelm since I only use two settings one for clean and one for distorted. The Guitar sounds great has to be the best sounding guitar I have owned/played (played for 6 years owened Strats, Ibanez RGs, Jacksons and played on many Gibson USA Les Pauls). I run it through a Marshall AVT Head.

The guitar is perfect for the music I play far better than any other guitar I have owned and proberly ever will own (less I decide to get myself another Custom 22) If it were lost and stolen I would go out and buy another one straight away as these guitars are by far the best guitar I have played. The feature I love the most is the thiness of the guitar it makes it so comfortable to play. The neck is awesome! What more can I say the best guitar I have owned or played. I may get another one as a backup in a differnt color black cherry perhapes but for now I content with this beauty!

Live this guitar is flawless doesnt't go out of tune, The hardware seems like it could last a lifetime (although for the price is should do). The strap buttons are solid don't appear like they would come loose. I would basicly gig with this guitar without a backup as I am pretty much certain I wouldn't have any problems. I think the finish as it stands I good but maybe aster a few years of regular gigging it may Start to get chipped but that's most likely down to wear and tear not the actual qulaity of the finish.

Finish is awesome very stunning gets a lot of attention onstage and is awesome to look at. The guitar is mega thin which really apeals to me as I like thin and ligh guitars as apose to the les paul. The action is the best I have seen very low yet does not buzz against the pickups. The neck is very comfortable to play which makes a change for me as normally I am very picky with necks. The bird inlays look awesome just making the guitars appearance really nice.

The PRS Custom 22/24 are the main selling prs guitars. At the Start of the week I was finally lucky enough to own one and imediatley I was blown away! Obviously made in USA, Emerald green finish quilted top. 5-way rotary switch and a tremelo bridge, has Dragon II pickups and the abalone bird inlays. Came with prs fitted hard case!

Gibsonmac1981
    although, my cu22 is a stoptail, and a trem might be a little thinner than a les paul, maybe
    Gibsonmac1981
    subsonic7 wrote: I recently bought a PRS Custom 22 20th Anniversary in trans black, basically the model i always wanted. My other guitar is a Gibson Les Paul Custom (black) with a seymour duncan custom 5 in the bridge. I expected great things from the PRS but when i plugged it in, it just doesn't compare to the Les Paul. The sound just seems to lack richness and tone. Before you say it NO i don't expect a PRS to sound like a les paul but the 'quality' of tone was disappointing in comparison. Don't get me wrong, the build quality and attention to detail is superb, better than any les paul i've played. The Les Paul just FEELS better in every respect to me and gives me the tones i require. So i'm looking to sell my PRS if anyone is interested. Probably looking to buy a les paul premium plus, class 5 or Slash signature model. But hey, if you truly like the sound and playability of a PRS, they're a great guitar. Just too thin, tinny and lifeless for me in comparison to a les paul.
    what a deuche, i've got a les paul, and 81 standard, and my cu22 kicks its facking ass... and tinny sounding? what are you facking retarded
    subsonic7