Custom 22 review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: Custom 22

Flippin' amazing, nothing can touch it. I've got a '80s Les Paul Standard, use to think it was untouchable tonewise. Blows that piece a shit out of the water. Thick, rich, and talk about sustain and articulation. tight all around. In a word, perfection. It's a PRS come on.

Great guitar, recommend it to anyone. I play rock/metal, it's solid for anything I want to play. I like to think I've spent a lot of time thinking about and developing my tone, and there is no amount of little magic boxes, or amps/speaker cabs that would have given me tone like this. no one could ever steal it from me because I would never take out of my sight.

Bullet proof, and that's it. Solid as it gets. Although I still gig with a backup, strings break and shit happens. It is perfect in every way, although you do have to be carefull with the nitro finish, it's a little more delecate than your Standard poly urethane. But the benefits of it are pure tone, which is amazing.

I've never seen a guitar with this level of craftsmenship, this thing was flawless right out of the box. I have never played anything like this in my entire life, I've got a pretty wide collection ranging from USA Jacksons, Gibsons, Ibanez, ESP, USA Strats, and none of them can touch this thing. It is my first prs, and it's all PRS for me from here on out. It's ridiculous.

I got the artist package, it's Orange. this is the greatest guitar ever concieved. It is your basic cut but with wicked inlays, brazillian RW fretboard/headstock, gold hardware, and the damn coolest quilt ever. I went with the WF neck carve, and the stoptail (endless sustain). the only complaint I have is the rotary switch, but I had it switched to a 3-way toggle and a push/pull. Rating it a 9 cause of rotor thing and there so damn expensive, and for that much money the thing better be able to fly.

CustomCustom
    the trem and carved out trem cavity really thin it out compared to a stop tail LP, try a stop tail PRS and you'll hear alot less differances.
    GitterMan
    subsonic7 wrote: I recently bought a PRS Custom 22 20th Anniversary in trans black, basically the model i always wanted. My other guitar is a Gibson Les Paul Custom (black) with a seymour duncan custom 5 in the bridge. I expected great things from the PRS but when i plugged it in, it just doesn't compare to the Les Paul. The sound just seems to lack richness and tone. Before you say it NO i don't expect a PRS to sound like a les paul but the 'quality' of tone was disappointing in comparison. Don't get me wrong, the build quality and attention to detail is superb, better than any les paul i've played. The Les Paul just FEELS better in every respect to me and gives me the tones i require. So i'm looking to sell my PRS if anyone is interested. Probably looking to buy a les paul premium plus, class 5 or Slash signature model. But hey, if you truly like the sound and playability of a PRS, they're a great guitar. Just too thin, tinny and lifeless for me in comparison to a les paul.
    Thats why they make a McCarty Much more what you have become used to. I have a McCarty, a paul ,a American delux strat, and an ESP. You got lucky with your paul some are awesome some OK If your going to stay with the Paul go with the Supreme w/ burstbuckers real close to perfect. If you play the right one. Other wise you just bought the wrong prs. GO Mac