Custom 24 review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: Custom 24

Purchased from: Bizarre Guitar

Like I said I play metal usually, and alot of blues also. I'm simply running this through a Marshall MG100HDFX half stack and nothing more, no effects or pedals. There is no feedback at all simple a clean clear sound that is perfect it sounds amazing, its got a rich and full sound with alot of high end. 50 percent of the time I'm tuned to Drop C and it still sounds perfect for that kind of music to. The sounds this guitar can make are limitless because of its highend, whammy bar and the harmonic sounds on it.

The only guitars I can compare them to are, neckwise a Gibson Explorer somewhat due to the thiness of that neck, or an ESP Viper. I love everything about this guitar it is perfect. If it were stolen yes id buy another, maybe 2 or 3. I love the amazing tones I get from this guitar, I love the look of it, and I love the feel of it. Buy this guitar.

Everything on this guitar is perfect, I play the live scene all the time with this and I've never broken a string on it, not just live but period. It can withstand the beating. The finish is solid as hell and will hold up since it has a clear coat binding protecting it. I depend on this guitar all the time and would walk into a gig with just this and my amp and rely on it to measure up.

I still play it factory setup immediately out of the box. I bought this guitar just 2 weeks after it was built and it hadnt left the factory when I bought it so I'm the only person whos played it. The strings are at the perfect height, the pickups were perfect, at 2 different levels so you dont get feedback but still close enough so it dosent look stupid or make ure pick hit 1 of them. The top was amazing on it, the bridge was your standard trem system (combination of a Fender style bridge with a ESP style whammy). The guitar had absolutely no flaws whatsoever.

This is a Paul Read Smith Custom 24 with of course 24 fret rosewood fretboard. This has a Gray Black Maple Flamed 10 top. This is a standard neck with the bird inlays. The body shape is amazing the guitar looks great. I love playing it, the action is perfect. I ordered it from PRS directly and it came in its case (that is perfect for the body no other guitar will fit in it) and it was perfect out of the box. My setup has the standard HFS/Vintage pickup set with a 6 way rotary Switch, with one tone knob and one volume knob, I also have the tremelo bridge on this thing. The tuners are the special PRS locking tuners, meaning u dont hafta wind the string. you just stick it through the hole, tighten the locks (takes 2 seconds) and presto youre done. I got this with the optional 200 dollar case and trust me the case is more than worth it it perfectly protects the guitar, and has room to store items like cords and picks. I own this guitar, a morgan monroe tempest, a Fender Stratocaster, a ESP DV-8 and a Martin Acoustic and this is definately my favorite guitar for looks, versatility (I play blues and metal with it and you can play jazz or whatever of course) it is the perfect guitar, I play it through my Marshall half stack to get that incredible high end that PRS is famous for. This guitar rocks!