Custom 24 review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: Custom 24

Purchased from: Guitar, amp and keyboard centre

For the style of music I play this guitar is amazing. As a nu metal guitarist, I need a guitar that has great clean sounds as well as great distorted sounds and I have to say that this guitar beats my Gibson Les Paul Studio hands down. Plugging into a Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier the two are absolute harmony together and well worth the money that I have paid. If I want I can play softer classics, bluesy numbers or turn it all up and go full thrash.

For a guitarist with four and a half years experiance who play nu metal this guitar is great, a prefect match. If its good enough for Wes Borland then its certainly good enough for me. I play with a Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epiphone Flying V and a cheap 7 string guitar and the PRS can beat the lot on tone, feel, everything. If it were stolen it would be replaced and if not I may just get another anyway. My advice to any guitarist is do what I did, get a loan, go to your local PRS dealer and get a PRS Custom 24. You wont regret it.

To put things bluntly, this really is the most prefect guitar ever. With a guitar like this you don't need a backup. It is the guitar that I will gig with for decades to come. The guitar is solid there isn't anything that can go wrong with quality like this.

All you can say is awesome. The action is perfect its so good that a year on from buying the guitar I haven't altered the set up on the guitar despite detuning for my sound. The finish is amazing no flaws, nothing. The instrument has been cared for exceptionally well and is a credit to PRS.

This model is a 2002 PRS Custom 24 made in the USA. The model I have is a 24 fret wide/thin neck in a beutiful purple. This model is a standard finger board with with moon inlays. It is also fitted with the PRS trem and locking tuners that can handle any tuning that I want to play. The pickups area also the standard for the Custom 24 with a five way dial pickup selector that really opens the styles you can play with. The case that comes with the guitar is great and is equally well made and hugs the guitar so that no breakages can occur.