Custom 24 review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: Custom 24

Purchased from: East Coast Music Mall

The thing sounds amazing. I would say it's more of a classic rock style guitar. WIth a turn of the 5 way selector you can go from a Strat to a Les Paul. I'm runing it through a Crate V5112 50 watt tube amp. The sound is excellent when clean and distorted. It's got a good AC/DC sound. But I can get the pinch harmonics out of it as well like Dime or Zakk.

I play classic rock, metal and blues. This guitar is not much of a metal guitar but for anything else I would recomend it. I've been playing for about 5 years now. I own an Epiphone Les Paul, a Dimebag Washburn, Epiphone Explorer, Silvertone and Epiphone acoustic. If it were stolen or lost it would take me a long time to save up this amout of money again. I love the way it plays. 24 frets are not necessary but I was being greedy. The bird inlays are so nice. This guitar really sounds as beautiful as it looks. I wish I could get more of a metal sound out of it but thats what I have my dime for. I would recomend it if you can afford it.

This guitar changes colour understage lights. The hardware seems excellent. The tuners have locks on them that are different then what you would see with a floyd rose. The strap buttons are good. I have had no problems with it and I gig with it regularly. I love the finish but if it wears off I think it adds character like SRVS #1.

I have not changed anything from the factory set up. It plays beautifully. I put a heavier set of strings on it but thats just personal preference. The guitar came with no flaws whatsoever. perfect.

2004, made in the usa, 24 frets, fat/thin neck, rosewood fretboard, body is made of mahogany, the finish is flamed 10 top, controls are volume, tone and 5-way tone selector that u have to spin. Pickups are HFS (hot fat screams), tuners are locking and I believe are PRS. It came with strings, solid case, tremelo bar and polish.