Custom 24 review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: Custom 24

Purchased from: www.musicianswarehouse.com.au

The sound is absolutly perfect for everything I play. I play anything from Led Zepplin to RHCP to Megadeth and it plays them all well, the tone variety was more than I expected.

This is by far one of the most best guitars I have ever owned and played. When I tried one out at the store I was blown away by the feel of the neck, the sound and how well it stayed in tune. It can basically play any style you want, it can have a great acoustic sound, then fiddle with the EQ and you can get an awesome Metallica sound out of it. I payed quiet a lot for it, but I have been looking for a decent guitar for years, and then I found the Custom 24.

This will withstand live playing for sure, strap buttons are fine, hardware, finish etc are all perfec, I can depend on it for sure.

Everything was set up great from the factory and it would have wanted to be for a 4500 dollar guitar. There were no flaws at all, it was perfect and still in tune when I got it.

This is one awsome guitar, the inlays are abalone birds which look stunning on the grey/black finish. It stays in tune all the time I rarely tune it, the whammy bar is great to use with consistency of staying in tune. The pickups are perfect, I can get any sound out of them. I paid a lot for this thing and I also got a free case.

darkfire_storm
    speedinc wrote: Sell a PRS for an Ibanez???!?!?! Thats like trading a Ferrari for a Grand am!!! Granted a MG is not exactly a choice amp, but keep the PRS and save up for that Mesa!
    i like ibanez.... granted theyre a hell of a lot cheaper and probably not as good for some crazy rich guitar enthusiast, but ibanez's shouldnt be compared to a grand am.... more like trading in a ferarri for a BMW at least.... give em some credit lol.
    steven1956
    I purchased a Custom 24 and I am totally blown away on its versatillity. It comes out tof the case in near perfect tuning. I went to a heavier string .011 and the transition was very easy with a simple truss adjustment. The sounds that you get are awesome only matched by the ease of playing it. I play through a Mesa DC-10 and the match is perfect. However, I might change the p/ups to a heavier tone/sound...I just don't get the punch of my Les Paul...However I own a PRS and most of my musician friend now hate me...ohh well...just get one.
    speedinc
    bluespunkmetal wrote: Dude, someone up there plugged a PRS into an MG Stack ?? Are you nuts, what a waster of money ?? An awesomely frickin cool PRS won't even show half of its tonal fineese when your playin it through an MG !!! Sell your PRS, buy a good Ibanez, and a Mesa Dual/Single Recto, you won't regret it !!! Or, buy a tube amp today !!!
    bluespunkmetal
    FireHawk
    I played this guitar at Guitar Center (I think or maybe somewhere else) and I wish I could afford one.
    duke_lion
    Robert_Terry wrote: I know these gitars play and sound fantastic, but do they not seem a little soul less up close to anyone? I know there better made ad set up, but i still think gibson les pauls have like 20 times the personality and appeal of a PRS Please dont think im dissing PRS, but they just seem a little lifeless
    I have no idea what you mean when you say "lifeless" and "soul less". And that it doesn't have personality. Do you mean the looks or what? In my opinion the PRS is one of the most beautiful guitars on earth. A piece of art. I have a Standard 24 in platinum silver, and I see and hear nothing but beauty. Les pauls got nothing on PRS, imo. (and its really true. They stay in tune like forever
    PRS Josh 83
    Don't worry, I understand where you're coming from. There's a lot of guitars I've found pretty unspiring, even within the PRS lineup.
    Mahoru
    IMO, this is the real Ultimate Guitar!! Perfect in every aspect I can think. My dream is to own (at least) a pair of them. With that, I could cover almost everything I play. And well, compared with Les Pauls (I have nothing against them, I love them too, in fact), they feel and look much better. But well, that's just the opinion of a PRS-lover to death xD
    Nightfyre
    yes, sell it! sell it! sell it to me! i would love to take this crappy guitar off your hands, you don't even wanna know what my current piece of crap guitar is... oh wait, its an ibanez. lol. its a crappy cheap ibanez though, so yeah, i know, they make better ones. stupid first guitar...
    Robert_Terry