Custom 24 review by Paul Reed Smith

Paul Reed Smith: Custom 24

Purchased from: Isoldit on Ebay

In one word... Amazing! It has a 5 way rotary pick up selector. You can really get any sound out of this PRS! From Searing leads, Modern Rock, Classic Rock, to county, even bluegrass. There are videos that show Paul Smith himself completely changing the tone with out using the amp on youtube, and in person the amount of sound and the availability, and range to tones is quite simply awesome. I've wanted one of these fine guitars for over 10 years now, but now that I have one, I love it even more than I thought I would! I is the best sounding guitar for ANY style of music I've ever played! Some of my other guitars include a Gibson Les Paul Gothic, a Fender American Strat, Alvarez acoustic and Taylor acoustic, and I've owned in the past a Gibson LP Standard, and several Ibanez's. But none of them even come close to the range, depth, and quality of tone I get from my PRS! it's even quieter than any others (even in overdrive on my mesa Triple recto)when it's not being played! If you've never tried a PRS, Your missing out on the guitar of a lifetime!

it's been my dream guitar for over 10 years, and I finally have one! I can't say enough good things about PRS! I've owned a variety of guitars and play a variety of music, and in every category it is simply the best in my opinion! I can't even imagine why anyone would want another electric guitar after playing this one! It is one of my most prized possessions, and have to encourage everyone else to buy one! Basically it's the guitar of my dreams!

Well I don't want to scratch the finish, because it's so expensive! But all the parts are of highes quality, and I have confidence that the guitar will hold up through the years, with normal care. it's a guitar and it's meant to be played. I just don't intend to throw it across the stage or anything. But like I said, the quality of this instrument is incredible!

it's got nice low action, and I've got her set up with 10's, but it feels like 9's.Perfect Bookmatched top! Perfect fit and finish. Not a scratch on it! The finish shines like glass! The neck plays like a stick of butter! Even compared to my Gibsons the quality in a PRS is unrivaled!

She's a 2005 Whale Blue Custom 24 10 Top with Trem. It comes with a 20th anniversary truss rod cover (it's not a 20th anniversary model, but all Customs made that year have "20th" on the truss cover). It has the "Standard" neck carve which is slightly thicker than the wide thin at the nut, but is about as thin as the Wide/thin at the body. The neck isn't the one I originally wanted, but it fit's my hands like a dream! it's got a Whale Blue Flame Maple top and a "natural" color maple binding. The Flame is incredible! The maple flames come from the center of the guitar down towards the lower outside edge of the guitar in a "chevron" pattern. It has to be the best looking Guitar I've ever seen! It has shaller low mass, locking tuners, which makes it very easy to restring and stays in tune just as well as my 2000 Gibson Les Paul does. The PRS Tremolo is awesome. I've had Gibson's stoptails, Ibanez with the Floyd Rose, and Fenders,,, but the PRS is by far the best bridge I've ever owned! It has it ability to trem up or down, and stays in tune perfectly every time, plus it is easy to change to alternate tunings without having to get out your Tool kit, like with the Floyd Rose. The Pick ups are HFS Treble (bridge)and Vintage Bass(neck) which are of PRS design. They sound awesome! It came with all hang hags, tools, trem arm, and a beautiful leather hard shell case!